SAU Community

So, Where Are All You Guys At In Japan?

Boosted Mayhem

So, I am on the south eastern edge of Saitama in Yashio city (yes, of Yashio Factory, Yashio) and looking for more English speakers to hang out with.

I hit Daikoku Futo about once a month for GT-R owners club meets.

So, yeah, hit me up sometime!

Aichi-ken, I struggle daily with the emotional burden of having no car in this country to do skids in or modify. The mama chari is better than nothing but its a single spinner and you can only get so much top speed increase by changing the front basket.

Aichi-ken, I struggle daily with the emotional burden of having no car in this country to do skids in or modify. The mama chari is better than nothing but its a single spinner and you can only get so much top speed increase by changing the front basket.

Haha...that's golden, homie.

So, why no wheels? No monies? No license?

If you're looking for a car, a friend of mine has a company that sells decent cars already tuned for decent prices. Has a lightly modified second gen MR2 for 23man right now. Manual trans, Bride seat, 4 or 5 point harness (can't remember), and some other stuffs.

Haha...that's golden, homie.

So, why no wheels? No monies? No license?

If you're looking for a car, a friend of mine has a company that sells decent cars already tuned for decent prices. Has a lightly modified second gen MR2 for 23man right now. Manual trans, Bride seat, 4 or 5 point harness (can't remember), and some other stuffs.

Money - banks keep raising the interest rate on my mortgage in Australia - rent can only do so much.

*talks to right foot* soon my pretty, soon you will feel cold steel. Damn that is cheap for an MR2 - does he ever sell Cappucinos, Beats or Vivios - I like Kei car tax exemptions. And there is nothing to stop you from whacking a twin turbo LS1 in there after you have a Cappucino- well nothing except I will have to have the accelerator and brake pedal in the drivers footwell, the clutch pedal in the passengers footwell and I will have to straddle the gearbox while yelling "yeehaa" as per Dr. Strangelove.

Also my International license ran out last month (I still have my Aussie one though) can you get one while here or do you have to return to your country to get it?

Money - banks keep raising the interest rate on my mortgage in Australia - rent can only do so much.

*talks to right foot* soon my pretty, soon you will feel cold steel. Damn that is cheap for an MR2 - does he ever sell Cappucinos, Beats or Vivios - I like Kei car tax exemptions. And there is nothing to stop you from whacking a twin turbo LS1 in there after you have a Cappucino- well nothing except I will have to have the accelerator and brake pedal in the drivers footwell, the clutch pedal in the passengers footwell and I will have to straddle the gearbox while yelling "yeehaa" as per Dr. Strangelove.

Also my International license ran out last month (I still have my Aussie one though) can you get one while here or do you have to return to your country to get it?

You're only allowed an International Dirvers Permit once in Japan. Can't get another one.

It's actually quite easy for you to get a Japanese license for you since you are Australian. Pretty much get some paperwork in order from your licensing facility in your home town, then submit it at the prefectural divers office.

As for getting Cappucinos, I don't know. They deal mostly with GT type cars. I.E. Skylines, Mark II/Chasers, RX7's, Silvia and 180SX, etc.

If you want a Cappucino, I can ask them, but I don't know for sure.

You're only allowed an International Dirvers Permit once in Japan. Can't get another one.

It's actually quite easy for you to get a Japanese license for you since you are Australian. Pretty much get some paperwork in order from your licensing facility in your home town, then submit it at the prefectural divers office.

As for getting Cappucinos, I don't know. They deal mostly with GT type cars. I.E. Skylines, Mark II/Chasers, RX7's, Silvia and 180SX, etc.

Thanks mate, check your inbox for a PM when you get a chance

Hey, man. Tried to reply to your PM, but cannot reply till my post count is over ten.

Last I knew, they had a last year FD that is super clean, and has a few extras on it. Somewhere in the neighborhood of about 10K, which considering what they are going for at dealerships, is a ridiculously good price.

Hey, man. Tried to reply to your PM, but cannot reply till my post count is over ten.

Last I knew, they had a last year FD that is super clean, and has a few extras on it. Somewhere in the neighborhood of about 10K, which considering what they are going for at dealerships, is a ridiculously good price.

Thanks.

You should try to get your post count over ten by answering questions critical to the forum, the motoring community and the world in general.

So how was the weather in your area today?

Has the rules changed?

Try GOO, thousands of cars listed there and categories. THere is also a cap club but need to know Japanese.

Has the rules changed?

Well, I don't know about how it works for Australia, but in the U.S., you are only allowed to get an IDP once on your license...although, now that I think about it that, it does sound kind of weird.

As for living in Japan, I am pretty sure that if you live over here with a visa, you have to get a normal drivers license within 1 year. I could be wrong...it's happened before... :)

Try GOO, thousands of cars listed there and categories. THere is also a cap club but need to know Japanese.

Thanks mate will do. Do you have a link for the cap club by any chance? Saves me from spending ages from trying to read what all the search results are on about.

Loach if your an Aussie all you need to do is take your Aussie license to JAF office and have it translated. You'll need to check the nearest one that can do that for you.

Then go to the local licensing branch and pay your coin, have ya pic take and bobs your uncle..you have a jap license...done deal !

Loach if your an Aussie all you need to do is take your Aussie license to JAF office and have it translated. You'll need to check the nearest one that can do that for you.

Then go to the local licensing branch and pay your coin, have ya pic take and bobs your uncle..you have a jap license...done deal !

Thanks elrodeo666, yeah I am Aussie so I will get it done and buy a vehicle as soon as my bank stops doing a Futenma on me - ie dropping a massive load of unwanted mess on it. Another rate rise - 2 rises in 7 weeks - love your work.

Anyway thanks again guys and sorry for hijacking your thread Boosted Mayhem :yes:

Edited by *LOACH*

Well, I don't know about how it works for Australia, but in the U.S., you are only allowed to get an IDP once on your license...although, now that I think about it that, it does sound kind of weird.

As for living in Japan, I am pretty sure that if you live over here with a visa, you have to get a normal drivers license within 1 year. I could be wrong...it's happened before... :laugh:

I see, yeah I've got an Australian licence :)

where in aichi?

in summer im in aichi a bit to go surfing. at Irago.

im in the middle of osaka and kyoto

where in aichi?

in summer im in aichi a bit to go surfing. at Irago.

im in the middle of osaka and kyoto

Toyoake-shi next to Midori-ku Nagoya, not exactly close to Irago but if you find yourself around Nagoya drop me an email [email protected] to meet up for a beer or whatever.

• 2 months later...

Its an old thread, but thought I'd chime in anyways!

I'm living in Matsuyama, in Shikoku.

Will be moving March next year, hopefully somewhere around Ibaraki, Shizuoka, f*kushima.

Paul (LOACH) if you are looking for a VERY quick MR2, I have mine on the market for 400,000.

It's good for 400ps at 1.5 bar. I have it at 1.2 bar at present, and the thing is an absolute weapon. Plenty of shaken left (13 months worth) and the car has 70,000 on the clock.

Its an old thread, but thought I'd chime in anyways!

I'm living in Matsuyama, in Shikoku.

Will be moving March next year, hopefully somewhere around Ibaraki, Shizuoka, f*kushima.

Paul (LOACH) if you are looking for a VERY quick MR2, I have mine on the market for 400,000.

It's good for 400ps at 1.5 bar. I have it at 1.2 bar at present, and the thing is an absolute weapon. Plenty of shaken left (13 months worth) and the car has 70,000 on the clock.

Would love it but I am in the process of moving to Gifu and starting a new job so money is really tight at the moment. It is a shame as its a damn fine looking machine with good mods and lots of Shaken.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...