SAU Community

R33 Rb25det 1.5 - Dramas

Hi there Guys,

Dont know what else i can do --

I've replaced Fuel Pump, put new vaccum lines on everything, swapped AFM, CAS, Cleaned AAC, New Plugs, New Fuel Filter, New AirFilter. New Fuel Pressure Reg.

ODB says the ECU has no Error codes.

Car is still not firing.

I did get it to fire for 10mins the other day by clamping the return line passed the one-way diafram mounted on the drivers side strut tower.

The car didn't respond well to accelleraor actions stalling the motor.

Any Ideas - I'm ready to blow it up.

Hi there Guys,

Dont know what else i can do --

I've replaced Fuel Pump, put new vaccum lines on everything, swapped AFM, CAS, Cleaned AAC, New Plugs, New Fuel Filter, New AirFilter. New Fuel Pressure Reg.

ODB says the ECU has no Error codes.

Car is still not firing.

I did get it to fire for 10mins the other day by clamping the return line passed the one-way diafram mounted on the drivers side strut tower.

The car didn't respond well to accelleraor actions stalling the motor.

Any Ideas - I'm ready to blow it up.

Righto -- Scrap that -- Car seems to have some timing issues- but unsure where the lower timing mark is - as the Timing belt casing is all munted up. ODB seems to say that the Defaut Timing is 20BTDC and then when the car had run will run okish at around 30BTDC which is 15deg out of standard - I have lined the top up and everything seems to be good - but when the timing light is on all the marks on the lower pully are all the way to the right (half way around is the first marking on the pully).

Does anyone have detailed instructions on using ODB?

Just a thought, but in the mean-time try reseting your ecu.... Its an easy thing to do and sometimes helps

Thanks buddy - but unfortunately didnt' help just this time :blush:

Does anyone have a picture of where the lower timing mark is on for the Crankshaft Pully?

Thanks buddy - but unfortunately didnt' help just this time :blush:

Does anyone have a picture of where the lower timing mark is on for the Crankshaft Pully?

Does anyone have any recommendations for Mobile Mechanics - or Decent shops on the Northside of Brisbane that know about these RB's or have further testing equipment.

As I've wasted too much time in replacing and testing items, and I'm at the point where I need this vehicle going, or an evaluative messure on what is going wrong and how much it will cost to fix?

Hey bud there's a valve at the back of ur plenum at the firewall I think it's called the aac valve, this controls ur idle, pull it off 4 bolts and disconnect plug clean it with carby cleaner or break caliber cleaner thy fill up with carbon n can cause idle hunting. Be careful not to lose spring inside. Also there's a cold start valve underneath the plenum that works like a choke that could be playin up also, has a hose goin in one end hose comin out n basically chokes the air on Start might be stuck has a slide action to it giv that a clean to