SAU Community

Looking For Import Dealers

Jono-R33

Are u looking to import one ? or buy locally ?

There are always good deals to be had buying privately and u can test drive the car ... or u could import yourself, generally for a bit less $$.

What I really would like is a almost stock standard one. So I can do the moding myself, more fun I say. So I thought if I was to get an import from a dealer they are pretty standard.

I went a dealer today that imports r33's. Some very nice, clean and not many mods done to them with Low KM's aswell. Thats the sort of thing im after, I was just wondering what other places to try.

I don't want to import one myself to much hassel.

Cheers

Autoworx Wangara, they get in lots of mint R33's and are a good bunch of guys, they also do normal mechanic/tuning work, servicing/upgrading/dyno tuning etc.

Funny you say that... Thats the one I went to but he only had 2 left.. He told me he sold 5 last week (one was the one I wanted from looking at his website) ! Another 6 weeks untill his next ones come in.

Might wait and see what he gets in. Id prefer to wait and get a good one then rush into it.

Edited by Jono-R33

Funny you say that... Thats the one I went to but he only had 2 left.. He told me he sold 5 last week (one was the one I wanted from looking at his website) ! Another 6 weeks untill his next ones come in.

Might wait and see what he gets in. Id prefer to wait and get a good one then rush into it.

Haha thats exatly what happened to me. Was going to put a deposit one one, only to find out it was sold a couple days earlier. It was all good though, i waited a couple weeks and snatched up an even better deal :D

Haha thats exatly what happened to me. Was going to put a deposit one one, only to find out it was sold a couple days earlier. It was all good though, i waited a couple weeks and snatched up an even better deal :D

Yeah Thats what I think im gonna do just hold off and see what he brings in next time. I think patience is key to finding a good car.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Yeah Just wait and get one from AutoWorx Wangara.

I got my Silver Series 2 r33 from them recently and i am in love with it. Feels so good and strong and very clean.

And Alister was very helpful and helped me choose mine.

I am going to wash it soon and stare at it. :D

Good luck Mate.

Autoworx for sure.

Talk to Alistair as he may import one for you to your specs.

He's just imported a GTR Vspec for me and it's beautiful and original

thanks for the support guys! we are still trying to bring in nice r33s .

we have indeed recently had a big rush on them and we are furiously looking to source some right now for the next shipment

I have 4 left in stock though

on a r33 I would not really recommend importing one . with shipping , taxes and compliance you will not save much more than buying one here . average nice 33 gtst would owe you about 12k landed and complied . you could pay a little more and get a nice one from a dealer , fresh compliance and rego , fully serviced , panel and paint and detailed.

local private sales are an option but just be very careful , we see some awful cars that come into the workshop . some of them really take a hammering once they have been in the country for a while and gone through a couple of not so caring owners. I have one in here now and I don't think the oil has been changed in 18 months +

Edited by autoworx

autoworx - i would hope at this stage of the game.. people looking to import an R33 aren't necessarilly looking to save money, they're more looking for a better car

i am importing a soarer... i could have saved about 5 grand buying one local... but i spent 3 months looking in japan for a "special" one.

and i'd do it all over again if i had the chance...

the importer of an R33 should be looking for - limited editions.. or limited colours... or

...crap i gotta stop typing n get to the gym

thanks for the support guys! we are still trying to bring in nice r33s .

we have indeed recently had a big rush on them and we are furiously looking to source some right now for the next shipment

I have 4 left in stock though

on a r33 I would not really recommend importing one . with shipping , taxes and compliance you will not save much more than buying one here . average nice 33 gtst would owe you about 12k landed and complied . you could pay a little more and get a nice one from a dealer , fresh compliance and rego , fully serviced , panel and paint and detailed.

local private sales are an option but just be very careful , we see some awful cars that come into the workshop . some of them really take a hammering once they have been in the country for a while and gone through a couple of not so caring owners. I have one in here now and I don't think the oil has been changed in 18 months +

Thanks for that info. I sent you a email last night regarding an r33. Yeah I dont think il be importing one. To much hasel and Id prefer to spend the extra and susport a local business :bunny:

Edited by Jono-R33