SAU Community

Koni Sports Adjustables

Just wondering how many of you guys are using Koni Sports Adjustables. (The ones with knobs for the front dampers and none for the rear dampers)

Firstly, does anyone know if the above mentioned are twin tubes or mono tubes? Anyone having mono tube Konis on their Skylines?

Secondly, I was told that for R32, the Koni Sports dampers are derived from the S14. The bushings meant for the S14 are changed to fit the R32. Can anyone verify this?

Million thanks.

If you can, try to get some that are externally adjustable front and rear. Pulling your suspension out, dissasembling it, and then reassembling and installing repeatedly trying to set the car up just plain sucks.

I have them on my 32 GTR and am extremely happy with them but mine are externally adjustable front and rear. I can drastically alter the car set up depending and what I want the dog to do. They are very impressive. Did not have to change any bushes.

Top Performance Koni in Vermont are the people to talk to. Ric Kemp who works there is a very well known set up guy. Give him a cal if you have any questions. He is a good guy who really knows his stuff.

Mick.

Thanks Mick.

But, you have adjustables (with knobs) for both fronts and rears? Are your dampers of the same kind for both the fronts and rears?

I am recommended a set of four with the fronts having knobs for adjustment.

But for the rears, I have to take them out to adjust. And I do not really like that. I was hoping that I can, like the front dampers, adjust by using knobs. My feelings go out to "slip" too.

I understand that the ones I was recommended are of the twin-tube kinds and based on what I read on the whiteline page, they are the more economical versions of sports dampers. Mono tube dampers are better for sports driving, albeit that they have a more "bouncy" ride to it.

Kindly comment.

I have them on my 32 GTR and am extremely happy with them but mine are externally adjustable front and rear.  I can drastically alter the car set up depending and what I want the dog to do.  They are very impressive.  Did not have to change any bushes.

Top Performance Koni in Vermont are the people to talk to.  Ric Kemp who works there is a very well known set up guy.  Give him a cal if you have any questions.  He is a good guy who really knows his stuff.

Mick.

I see no reason why you cannot get the externally adjustable fronts and rears. Top Performance Koni (they are in vermont) are the aust distributors of the product. Give them a call. No doubt the remove and adjust set will cost less but there is no doubt the others are available and if you use your car for motor sport events it is a big asset.

Mick.