SAU Community

Symptoms Of A Block/stuffed Cat?

Excessive EGT's, boost issues (lack thereof and inconsistant), engine feeling choked/won't rev out, and more I'd say.. that's all I can think of right now.

When I had one collapse in my 32, it felt choked up and the exhaust housing on the turbo would be glowing after a hard drive.

When I had one collapse on my Stagea, I discovered it when trying to troubleshoot inconsistant boost issues.. it was only running 5-7psi when it should be have been running 15psi.

They are my experiences.

yeah manily the car seems to not like reving

it was so bad in my mates EA it wouldnt rev past 3500rpm bashed out the cat and perfect ( he also baught it for 500bucks as the person who sold it dident know what was wrong with it)

Mmm mayb my cat is stuffed, it's fine on stock boost but on high boost 10 psi feels like is stugles to build boost or revs quickly! Would the exhaust sound diffent? On deceleration it sounds bubbly

Mmm mayb my cat is stuffed, it's fine on stock boost but on high boost 10 psi feels like is stugles to build boost or revs quickly! Would the exhaust sound diffent? On deceleration it sounds bubbly

anyone?

Boost leak probably, only opens up with the higher pressure

im getting both cat checked and change my cooler piping to more simple and i will check for leaks

Stuffed cat

_bob_cat_taxidermy_01.jpg

Good cat

cat-facts.jpg

symptoms of a stuffed cat include:

Won't make eye contact.

Unresponsive to balls of string.

Less scratchy.

Loss of appetite.

Will not give chase to mice.

and many more...

If you suspect you have a stuffed cat you should immediately contact your nearest taxidermist to get a professional opinion.

Hope this has been helpful :P

Won't make eye contact.

Less scratchy.

Loss of appetite.

and many more...

If you suspect you have a stuffed cat you should immediately contact your nearest taxidermist to get a professional opinion.

Hope this has been helpful :blink:

:P

the internals of my blower destroyed themselves back in the day in my commodore when i had a collapsed cat.. i suppose that doesn't help you

the thing that led me to look towards the cat was when it was dead cold and i started teh car i heard a ticking sound from the cat itself

an exhaust shop will tell you in about 10 seconds

Mine was low on boost big time. Was only seeing 8-9psi when it should have been 19psi.

The car felt really slow and didn't want to rev through the rev range.

Exhaust was quieter.

Really only took me a few minutes to figure out that the cat was blocked.

Bashed it out for a temporary fix and all was well.

Didn't hear no ticking noise though.

the internals of my blower destroyed themselves back in the day in my commodore when i had a collapsed cat.. i suppose that doesn't help you

the thing that led me to look towards the cat was when it was dead cold and i started teh car i heard a ticking sound from the cat itself

You sir, may have just enlightened me as to a cosistant tick sound on mostly cold starts. Please be patient, as you may or may not receive sweet candy in the mail soon.

ive also noticed a ticking sound coming from under the car when cold, will have to inspect the cat to see if its stuffed.

My exhaust absolutely reaked of petrol for one thing, car was also dropping several psi of boost high in the rev range. Now the cats been replaced no more overwhelming fuel smell coming from the exhaust.

You sir, may have just enlightened me as to a cosistant tick sound on mostly cold starts. Please be patient, as you may or may not receive sweet candy in the mail soon.
ive also noticed a ticking sound coming from under the car when cold, will have to inspect the cat to see if its stuffed.

hopefully thats all it is and you both end up with some relatively cheap power back :/

when it happened to me i was fairly confused why i was missing power.. until i lost all boost.. luckily for me CAPA rebuilt my blower under warranty haha

The ticking sound, did it shut up if you revved it a little? say up to 1500? and was it very consistent, enough to make you think it was something spinning around in your clutch?

Stuffed cat

Good cat

Won't make eye contact.

Less scratchy.

Loss of appetite.

and many more...

Hope this has been helpful :D

hahahahahahahahaha i actually lol'd

Hope everyone is replacing their bashed out cats with some good replacements.

Save the fines, save your wallet, save your car's paint, save the world (a bit)

why paint?

i have a rattle under my car somewhere, only notice it when driving next to walls, and smell of petrol when idling still while hot for a little, could this be the cat? the boost seems to be high but im still hunting a reason why.