SAU Community

My Stagea Troubles

teknostorma

we all know that they have done dodgy kms.

but i didnt want to buy a car with 200,000kms on it......

took it to fair trading and getting a refund.

Timing belt was changed at 104,000 and was due again. (NEEDS REPLACING)

the person i bought the car off is now trying to unload it again without claiming its km amount.

power steering made funny noises, Coil packs are shot. spark plugs need changing, hicas light occasionally came on, engine light comes on. syncro in 4th gear is shot. black paint looks good wet, on futher inspection its not. dodgy battery (wasnt leaving my yellow top in)

horn doesnt want to work ever, (hard for rego) put the old starter motor back in (yuk) rust bubble on the roof. plus some other occasion troubles

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2000-Nissan-Stagea-...=item335ed98d8a

car can be seen there..... for sale again, massive amounts of problems with the car and i would say that people beware if you are looking at it.

Also as a seller. She was not helpful in sorting out these troubles at all, did not want to have a bar of it actually. didnt show up for meetings, takes ages to reply to emails. I would warn anyone that is buying a car off these people (name removed by moderators) to take caution.

[/rant]

Edited by GoldZilla

i just hope some poor person doesnt cop it like i did

What you driving now?

I assume this was the car you drove to the Superlap @ Eastern Creek a couple of weeks ago?

friends nissan pulsar q n16 girl spec.

<shoots self>

going to buy a mini :)

possibly a G13B Turbo swift powered one :)

yeah it was...

i had a whinge to fair trading and i have noticed that the kilometres on the listing have been taken down and they are not in the process of changing to around 150000. which i think is still low.

LMAO at the eBay listing, BUSINESS NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR.

That explains a lot.

I went there to check out the M35's they had. I am so glad I did not buy from them. Operating out of some little rent a shed thing, with no sign-age...

Edited by GoldZilla

They didnt have a dealers licence when i purchased off them, operating from home.

they must have got busted since.

LMAO at the eBay listing.

That explains a lot.

I went there to check out the M35's they had. I am so glad I did not buy from them. Operating out of some little rent a shed thing, with no sign-age...

I feel for you man.

After all the shit I went through trying to buy an M35, I don't know if I would do it again hey.

All the dealers lying to you, mislabelling shit, don't know what's legit and not (except a quality dealer like Northshore)

Well I was very unhappy with the whole scenario at the place in question...

If you aren't an expert with cars, and are naive, you can get trapped easy. I just had a bad gut feeling when I went there. I get sick thinking about if I bought from them...f**k

When I bought my Stag in 2006, I bought thru an import agent. Cost a grand for that. The car was perfect when I got it.

Of course you have to have the cash to buy this way. At that time I think most of us bought that way, and I think most of us were satisfied.

The trend seems to have changed, correct me if I am wrong. It seems a lot of people are buying through Dealers and getting ripped off a darn sight more than in the Import Days.

I guess its hard to want a Stag but have to wait three months to get it. The dealers realise this, thats why they have hopped on the band-wagon.

yeah, i found this

i went over it, it looked fine, then a few months later problem after problem.

i guess thats why they are so cheap .

I really feel sorry for you dude.

After all the dramas I went through visiting heaps of dealers, I was so close just going "f**k it, I'll buy it." Glad I didn't.

these guys called me back last night regarding a few m35's they were getting out of customs, that i was interested in.. i was a little sus coz of price factor sometimes it seems to good to be true.. glad i bought mine elsewhere!! however i am still in the early days...... fingers crossed so far so good with mine..

She has put in the listing "estimated Kms 150,000" ahahahahah

Ebay listing is still showing 80,100km's, they obviously havn't updated that one?

so are these cars getting dodged up over sea or hear in Australia or a bit of both,

After having mine for a couple of years I am finding things to suggest that the km aren't the original km eg cam belt and my instrument cluster is actually out of a auto not a manual one??? Luckily everything is in good working order.

And I got mine from a well known importer!!!

I bought mine 5yrs ago, came into the country with books and legit kms

if it hasnt got service history/books then bet your bottom$ the km's are not genuine