SAU Community

V35 2003 Sedan Subwoofer

Hi Guys

I replaced my Bose head deck with an Alpine one and all is working well. The subwoofer is not run off the RCA'a coming out of the head deck.

I have noticed that the subwoofer is hardly noticable.

Have others had this issue and what have you done about it? Do I need to replace the sub? Run a separate amp? or both?

Hi Guys

I replaced my Bose head deck with an Alpine one and all is working well. The subwoofer is not run off the RCA'a coming out of the head deck.

I have noticed that the subwoofer is hardly noticable.

Have others had this issue and what have you done about it? Do I need to replace the sub? Run a separate amp? or both?

Not 100% sure as I havent had a look at my setup, but I did read somewhere in this site, that there is an amp possibly under the parcel tray/boot area for the sub . Possibly may not have been wired in with your new setup which would account for the problem

dont mean to hijack this thread, but does the standard non-bose headunit have pre-amp outputs or do I need to splice the wires to install rca adapters if I want to have an aftermarket amp??

Thanks for the info, Chris

Not sure which way to go as it is now a bit of a bitza, didn't get a navi instrument cluster from Canada to get the factory cruise working.

Am thinking will just add aftermarket amp and sub.