SAU Community

R33 Intercooler

hey everyone i just recently purchased a series 2 blue r33 and as one of its first upgrades i want to buy a cooler, as i live in canberra a local sale would be amazing but im not afraid to travel. ive been keeping an eye on the forsale section daily but have failed to come accross anything so i thought posting in here might help. so if anone have a spare cooler one there not using and wants to sell it hook me up or if theres somewhere i can go in canberra or the like who sell them fairly cheap as my wallet felt the purchase... hahaha

Cheers Jason

PS also looking for a full exaust pref or a cat back if anyone have anything aftermarket in very keen

I believe W1ngnut has a front mount cooler spare, though I don't know if he is looking to sell it or not...

No doubt he will see this thread, and my reply...then reply accordingly :happy:

Have full exhaust and FMIC!

The FMIC is the one that goes up over the radiator and NOT return flow. The exhaust is a large 3" into 3.5" cannon. Sounds tuff as! I also have a dump pipe to suit too, the cat converter isn't much of a cat i don't think, i think it is a bit hollow.

Hey mate extremely keen on both, currently traveling to Sydney for a business meeting and will be back later tonight. Is it a full exhaust? If so does the dump suit the stock turbo? Is the cooler direct fit as in I don't need to chop up anything, this doesn't really both me just wondering if Ivan away with being lazy haha. I'd love to come see them sometime tomoz if your free failing that when ur free.

Cheers for the fast replys guys I'm glad there's so much help in Canberra

Jason

Hi Jason,

The FMIC will need body modification as the return pipe will have to go through a hole in the side that you need to cut. You MAY need to trim the front bar. I had it installed by Natrad, so not sure of all the details that were involved in getting it to fit completely.

The exhaust will fit the stock turbo, yes. You will need an exhaust bung though as I had my wideband tapped into the dump as well as the stock o2 sensor (easily picked up from an exhaust shop). As said before though, the cat converter is an unknown quantity at this stage, it may be intact, it may be hollowed out thanks to a Bee-R Rev Limiter :(

After $450 for the lot (pretty much a free FMIC since the exhaust is $900+ new)

As for being home tomorrow, it will be the rarest time I'm actually not! PM us your mobile and i'll message you with details etc if you are interested still.

Cheers

Sam

nawwww Mick :) Sam helped me out as well the other week with a cold air box...

Now you should do something for everyone too....FREE RS-R's ON THE HOUSE!!!! Thanks Mick :nyaanyaa: