SAU Community

Where To Buy Extractors From?

hey guys have an r33 gts na and was just wondering where to get extractors for it in melbourne? and roughly how much do they cost fitted price? because i went to one exhaust place and they said that he is not sure if he could get them so hoping someone could help me out here? and do they really make that much of a big different on the car ?

they reallly dont make that much of a difference.. you sacrifice a tad low end for a bit better pickup in top end revs ( so i've heard ) but nothing too crazy....

as for where to buy them.. cant beat DKNE in syd (they do delivery to)

http://dkne.com.au/

cheers

they reallly dont make that much of a difference.. you sacrifice a tad low end for a bit better pickup in top end revs ( so i've heard ) but nothing too crazy....

as for where to buy them.. cant beat DKNE in syd (they do delivery to)

http://dkne.com.au/

cheers

but overall they are better to have on the car isnt it? thanks heaps

I can vouch for DKNE quality. As for gains however, not worth it IMO. If I could go back in time I'd spend my money elsewhere. The gains are barely noticeable.

The thing with extractors is that they themselves may not make much of a noticeable difference, but then when you start doing other modifications you will notice the effect of those mods more. Extractors just help the engine breathe. The more it needs to breathe, the more of a difference extractors will make.

checkout hillside exhausts in furntree gully, talk to Jay and say Leigh sent you he custom made some stainless steel ones for me on my non turbo looked sweet as and sounded good.

If you want to change to extractors its a good idea to change your exhaust system to a 2.5inch with a high flow cat and rear muffler (straight through). This way you will be doing it once and the right way ...... response in the engine changes but not a power difference. The car sounds better though :)

If you want to change to extractors its a good idea to change your exhaust system to a 2.5inch with a high flow cat and rear muffler (straight through). This way you will be doing it once and the right way ...... response in the engine changes but not a power difference. The car sounds better though :)

yeah i already have an exhaust system like that just got it done 2 weeks ago sounds loud and nice as now and runs heaps better

checkout hillside exhausts in furntree gully, talk to Jay and say Leigh sent you he custom made some stainless steel ones for me on my non turbo looked sweet as and sounded good.

alright thanks how much did it end up costing u

Extractors do make a little difference, they wont increase your max power, but they will give you more usable power in the lower end

I got my NA dynoed stock and then right after I got a set of DKNE extractors put on and you can see a little bit of a difference.

Plus they sound great.

post-49393-1281249500_thumb.jpg

Extractors do make a little difference, they wont increase your max power, but they will give you more usable power in the lower end

I got my NA dynoed stock and then right after I got a set of DKNE extractors put on and you can see a little bit of a difference.

Plus they sound great.

post-49393-1281249500_thumb.jpg

oh ok cool thanks for that..and does it matter what type of extractors i get will they all do the same ? because not sure if i should get a pair of 2nd hand ones from the wreckers

Generlly speaking, there will be little difference between performance between the different brands or custom made,

DKNE extractors are designed around the R34 with the aircon pipes taken into consideration, but other than that they will all be suitable.

If you can find a pair of second hand ones at the wreckers or through sau/ebay and they are still in good condition, they arent bent out of shape and are not rusted. then go for it.

I think you might be hard pressed finding any at a wreckers though.

Edited by Grunta