SAU Community

Best Size Tyre For R34 Gtr Rims?

Benben

Hay guys, one of my tyres decided to wear away on the inside to the extent where its gone flat and basically its cactus. Another is starting to wear in a similar way so I've swapped to a spare set for now and figure I'll get all four replaced.

I'm currently running 235/something/something, I can check specifics but as far as width goes what is currently on there is stretched (I think) and I don't really love the look cause it makes it look a bit round at the edges. I'd prefer it to sit flush with the rim itself but I have nfi what size goes with that and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or similar setups?

Cheers!

Edited by Benben

i have the same rims on my 33 gtst... i can't really go any wider than 235/40 on the front, so i reckon stick with that size. up the back you have a bit more room, you could put up to 265/35 (that's what i have).. or something like a 245/40

good luck :/

Ah ic.. maybe I'll just replace the two that have got wear and keep the fine 235s for the front. Bummer can't go any wider, it's not horrible by any means would just be nice for have something bigger :/ (also less chance of scraping the crap out of it should I nudge a curb). Does it not look odd though if you're running different size rear tyres to front?

Edited by Benben

• 2 weeks later...

Well decided to go with 235/40/18 all round, opting for the kumho

ku36, seems to be reasonably well regarded. Saw optimal1 had them for

about 220 but I think with shipping it'd equate out to about 250 a tyre and I can get that locally with balancing /fitting too so just have to find a time to do it! Pretty cool looking tread pattern, not

that know sfa about tread pattens but it's a little different to usual :D

Well decided to go with 235/40/18 all round, opting for the kumho

ku36, seems to be reasonably well regarded. Saw optimal1 had them for

about 220 but I think with shipping it'd equate out to about 250 a tyre and I can get that locally with balancing /fitting too so just have to find a time to do it! Pretty cool looking tread pattern, not

that know sfa about tread pattens but it's a little different to usual :)

Just remember the KU36 is a sort of road semi slick so it doesnt have as great tyre wear as the KU31. Because your getting the same tyre all round you need to remember that the KU36 is an asymetrical design so if you want to rotate your tyres you will have to remove the tyre from the rim and refit it.

Personal opinion here, but to me KU36 is overkill unless you see the track every once in a while and or running 270kw+.

Edited by Dani Boi

From what I'd read the ku36 wasn't actually a semi-slick? I didn't rotate the tyres before and don't really plan on doing so this time so should be ok in that respect. Anyway I just thought I'd go for something a little better than the bog standard cheapo and the ku36 seemed to be regarded pretty well :)