Comp I'm Involved With... You Guys Should Enter

funkymonkey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what is more annoying

the fact that its so easy to get the stupid code wrong and see this

"oops! The characters you entered in the anti-spam section did not match the characters in the image. Please try again."

or the fact that when it does happen you cant just try again you have to enter ALL your details again, pick the photo again, untick the spam messages again and then try and get the code right again

Hmmm.. T&C still not right mate..

13. By entering this competition you expressly confirm and warrant that:

(d) you have the right to grant, and you expressly grant to the Promoter a perpetual,

royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make

available and distribute the photo(s) throughout the world in any media now

known or hereafter invented; and

Something like this might be better, copied from another comp:

14. Entrants retain copyright in their photographs. However submission of an entry gives the Promoter non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable permission for one year to reproduce winners’ photographs without fee for the purposes of marketing and promoting for the Promoter. This permission extends to publication and reproduction for the above purposes in the media, on catalogues, posters, postcards, publications, on the internet (including on the competition website and the Penguin website). Where possible, entrants will receive credits with each use.
Edited by Matyi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the results were on our facebook album and also on the competitions page:

http://www.penguin.com.au/competitions

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2946...;id=76529224988

Congratulations to T Lubarsky, the overall winner and to the runners up winners: S. Duncan, L. Oshea, J Del Carmen, C. Hebbard, A. Kharidehal, P. Ward, J. Morgan, C. Gurnett, N. McKeown, G. May and G. Fileppo.

Fcuk! I forgot to enter! That storm shot with the ship on fire is amazing! Or is that the novel cover? Either way, mad shop!!!

About 3 weeks ago i had a dream where i did enter and i woke up and was like yeah, i entered but turns out i never did :D Ah well. Congrats to the winners!

• 3 weeks later...