SAU Community

Hey Guys Im Having Trouble With The Gearbox

Wikigod

Hey guys i recently bought a skyline R33 GTS-T and since ive received it ive had trouble with the clutch\gearbox its like the clutch pedal isnt going far enough because unless i have it in neutral its starts to roll slightly forward (uphills and flat's) and feels like im letting out the clutch out but its FLAT to the floor, by flat i mean hard up against firewall or whatever it hits against and its super hard to push but it might have a heavy duty clutch or something like that im not too sure

So guys any help fixing my problem is appreciated :yes:

Cheers guys

Sounds exactly like one of the symptoms I was having. Is your clutch getting stuck? Is it hard to get into gears? You could try adjusting the pushrod to be longer, thus giving it more push on the clutch. My master failed. Finally fixed it today. The spring in the old master was broken and it would cause the clutch to either disengage poorly or not at all.

OOOoooo im going to have to give that a try extending the pushrod nah but my clutch isnt getting stuck, but yeah its a coont to get into gears but if i extend the pushrod it might kill my slave cylinder i did it before when i was doing an engine conversion on a ke30 corolla but i will have to give it a try and see how i go :yes:

Thanx man

Ok so i was cruising along the northern road and i couldnt change it down so i pushed 4th and got unto the great western and because it was empty i was able to get across the lanes and into residential area YAY so now i got it towed home because it just wont engage the clutch so what could it be just before it died i bled the shiz out of it so i think that pushed the master cylinder over the edge so im going to get one soon and see how it goes i will keep you guys updated :thanks:

You've got fluid in the clutch reservoir? (yes, stupid question, I know, but I know a case of someone whose car stopped, and he swore it had fuel in the tank, which it didn't!).

Is the clutch pedal sitting at the correct height when the pedal is up (should be close to the same height as the brake pedal)?

Hey man yeah bled it yesterday and something went and how its not going into gear at all lol poor me but like sarge said his pedal was sticking back (like its fully depressed)

im gonna have a look at changing the master cylinder is there a faq or tech piece on it?

Thanx blind elk

ive got the same problem... even with the clutch fully pressed in (up to the firewall) i can feel it slightly engaging..

bled the slave/master but it didnt help.. havent had time to do anything more to it.

let me know if you find the problem :)

Edited by defari

ive got the same problem... even with the clutch fully pressed in (up to the firewall) i can feel it slightly engaging..

bled the slave/master but it didnt help.. havent had time to do anything more to it.

let me know if you find the problem :P

hey mate.. almost got the same problem with my car.. every time im in third gear then gradually slowing down it disengage by itself.. just in third gear.. do you have a hunch what maybe my problem is?? tnx

Hey man after 48 hours of full on labour ive found my problem its the spot welds they are a bastard check your's man ill send you a pic of what mine look like =)

legend! will check mine tomorrow fingers crossed its just the welds .

dohc - mate got no idea what that problem would be - mine doesnt "pop" out of gears like you have mentioned.

legend! will check mine tomorrow fingers crossed its just the welds .

dohc - mate got no idea what that problem would be - mine doesnt "pop" out of gears like you have mentioned.

wow its you again.. lol..

mine pop out of third gear.. doesnt have clue why?.. tnx by the way..

wow its you again.. lol..

mine pop out of third gear.. doesnt have clue why?.. tnx by the way..

Hey man its probably going to be the syncro's on the 3rd gear take it to a transmission place and get them to check it out :P

Hey man its probably going to be the syncro's on the 3rd gear take it to a transmission place and get them to check it out :P

hey there..newbie here.. what do you mean by "syncro's" = synchronize? if it needs replacement will it cost me too much? will it take days to do? tnx..