SAU Community

Queensland Raceway In The Wet Today

posted this in the Ruzic time attack thread (motorsport section) but thought I'd post here for you R35 nut-heads.

very wet out there today. only ran a few laps on the year old Bridgestones

Mick Sigsworth in front in his mad evo

I was slow as! I had never driven in the wet on track before, new-found respect for all those targa guys...

Nice video Mark,

It was interesting in the wet today - my 1st wet session. Its all good experience, so long as we keep it from hitting the wall. (Not all on the day were able to drive there car home today.)

It was such a tease - only one session in the AM on new slicks before the rain.

Many decided to call it a day after the 1st pm session, but I do wish i stayed out all day.

Just a pic of Mark on the straight:

post-72544-1282557226_thumb.jpg

thanks Bill. yes there was plenty of stoppages with cars coming off turn 1. One guy didnt leave the track looking too good unfortunately.

heres a shot of the R35 with the Mercury Nitto R34

gallery_56949_3911_26982.jpg

too wet for me to handle.. I was on my way there but did a U-turn after calling QR.

Nice video though, sounds awesome when traction is lost!

Much louder without the carpet etc.?

yeah Drew its quite loud, I love the raw sound of the car inside now. turning around was a smart idea!

great day for racing at QR... the rain really tests all aspects...

love the video work, that software really makes it watchable and very interesting...

wish i was not stuck behind my desk today, would have loved to come out and watch...

ill be at the next lakeside event to catch up with everyone... Holidays woo hoo...

top stuff mark

pretty sure it is working, I had it in race mode which is pretty lenient. the car has more power than stock.

I am not sure how the Vbox interacts with the CAN bus but it is the same in the dry. the way the throttle pressure runs from 0-100% doesnt appear linear on the display versus what I modulate with the pedal in real time.

Understood mate.

If it really is obtaining more throttle than the V-box indicates then I could understand, but, I'd be looking to ensure it's not in Limp, they revert to RWD if so.

Edit; To qualify, I know you know, not being a smarty.

Edited by Marlin

sure will be keeping an eye on it but I think it might just be power delivery. I probably should have been shifting at lower rpm's to be honest.

I will connect the COBB access port and download the codes to see if there are any transmission errors

Edit; To qualify, I know you know, not being a smarty.

never thought it for a second, I appreciate the constructive comments