SAU Community

R33 Gtr Wheels On Gts-t

lol thread. GTR wheels sit nice under a gtst.......33 to 33 works well(funny that). just get tyres and ride height right, remove the inner plastics if need be and enjoy :)

btw the rotors look awesome :)

Jesus dude, you're more anal than me :)

OK, so to be clear here, with your 10mm ride height drop all round, without a camber kit, it's all good, but lowering any further will result in scrubbing? Also, do you still clear all speed bumps and driveways without any troubles? Mine does right now but I've noticed that the stops they put at the end of car spots are *just* under my front bar now, so even a 10mm drop will likely make it start to hit - another reason why I'd like to keep it at stock height!

I have no experience with lowering further, when I say no scrubbing I mean NO SCRUBBING. that means punting it over speed bumps and into driveways etc. The standard rule applies that if you take too sharp an edge you're doing to ruin your front bar but that's why I kept it close to standard height. I just seem to clear everything in carparks as well.

Are you on 18's? I was considering these but I though I would have to lower the car too much to get it to "sit right", whereas on 17's I figured that I could leave it at stock height and it should look OK? Do you have any pics of your car, preferably side on?

33 GTR wheels are 17 inch. I have already posted pics.

I've found the 255/35R18's are very expensive and hard to find, but 245/35 or 265/30 are much easier to find and cheaper. Are both your tyre sizes readily available and cheap? Also, how is tyre wear? Is it fairly even front/rear and across each tyre?

I have found mine to be pretty taily in the wet, but I thought it was purely the crappy tyres (BF Goodrich, probably 30% tread left). How does yours grip in the wet? I didn't want to increase width too much because of tramlining/aquaplaning.

Again, 17 inch. The best tyre options are 235/45/17 for the front (a very common and cheap size) and 255/40/17 for the rear (more expensive but totally worth it IMO).

One more thing: when going from 16's to 18's, did you notice less lean in the corners? My car seems to roll a bit in corners but I'm not sure if it's due to the high profile tyres or needing stiffer sway bars! This is one other thing I'd like to fix.

both tyres and suspension contribute to body roll. get aftermarket swaybars they are the best bang for buck mod you can do for handling. tyres and springs alone won't control body roll.

• Like 1

Set the ride height so your happy with it, mine sits at about 355 front and 350 rear, it handles great and I can drive over most speed humps, it also handles better at the track because the geometry is better than when it was lower, my track rims are 17x9 +30 with 265/40 R compound tyres, fronts fit well but the rear need at least 1.5 deg negitive camber to clear the guard when the spring compresses.

Thanks for the reply. I think if I go with Kinks' solution I shouldn't have those issues anyway! Very helpful to know though :)

Jesus dude, you're more anal than me :)

LOL, true dat! I'm a big believer of getting it right first time :) But yeah, I am incredibly anal about stuff that's either being used like it shouldn't (ie: using the wrong tool for the job) or stuff that doesn't work properly (like scrubbing guards)!

I have no experience with lowering further, when I say no scrubbing I mean NO SCRUBBING. that means punting it over speed bumps and into driveways etc. The standard rule applies that if you take too sharp an edge you're doing to ruin your front bar but that's why I kept it close to standard height. I just seem to clear everything in carparks as well.

Good to hear. I'll just leave it at 360mm and see how it looks I guess! I'm quite like my current suspension setup (LOL would be embarrassing if it did turn out to be stock! :P ) so I'd like to keep it how it is, if I can.

33 GTR wheels are 17 inch. I have already posted pics.

Sorry about this, I just wasn't paying attention and should have reread the entire thread before posting! I did see your post a few days ago (and actually saved the pics to my HD) but forgot that it was the same person replying!

Again, 17 inch. The best tyre options are 235/45/17 for the front (a very common and cheap size) and 255/40/17 for the rear (more expensive but totally worth it IMO).

Well, I think my mind has just been made up to go with the 255/40R17's on the rear - I've been looking at getting the Continental ExtremeContact DW's from tirerack.com and it turns out they don't make that in a 245/40R17 anyway :)

Which leads my to my next question - has anyone tried these out and how many km's did you get out of them, and what type of driving were they used for? I have been told that since it's such a high performance tyre, the compound is so soft that I'm unlikely to get much more than 5-10k km out of them, even with regular everyday driving. I'm still deciding if that's acceptable or not, but looking at the prices of the (hopefully) better wearing SportContact 2 (or 3, or anything else in that class), it seems like the best option...?

both tyres and suspension contribute to body roll. get aftermarket swaybars they are the best bang for buck mod you can do for handling. tyres and springs alone won't control body roll.

Nice. Will see how the GTR rims go first then look at doing that shortly after!

Now, where are some cheap, good condition GTR rims? :P

Fits ok.. you may need a very small spacer for the front to clear the brake calipers... some users have found they needed whereas some haven't (talking a mm or so clearance here though lol).

In terms of offset etc, the front's come up pretty good though the rear could do with a little but all in all, for the price 34gtt wheels go for, it's an alright upgrade as the wheels are 7.5 allowing for wider tires and looks a million times better than the oem 33gtst wheels!

Why would they need spacers on some but not others? Thats wierd.

Anyway, the thought was that since they are so cheap and they are a little bit better fitting than 33 stockies they may be a minor upgrade. Photos of the combo are a bit hard to find.

They're good if you want a sleeper appearance.. Still looks factory (but better than the 33 wheels) whilst giving you 1" extra (shhh...)

whistling.gif

we'll have to disagree there. 34 stockos look hideous and the extra inch wont make it worth it

The potential clearance is so small it probably comes down to manufacturing clearances hence some fitting and other cars needing a very small spacer.

Yeah like i said, they're cheap at usually $400 or so for a set with tires, they're 1" wider and larger and look a bit better.

Here's a pic

gallery_56118_3384_150820.jpg

Thanks for the help Touge.

I agree with you Boiracer to an extent. But no stock wheels look that great. They just look 'clean'. If you like stupid camber and massive dish thats probably not for you :P

Personally I don't. My preference is to concave.

a few iphone pics of my monster truck while hiding from the rain.

R33 GTR wheels, some funny purpley gunmetal color. they had lots chips and some gutter rash which i cleaned up. not complaining for 550 bucks :) now i just gotta shred my stockos so i can justify putting new tyres on em thinkin 235 up front and 245 or 255 at the rear.

1 pic shows just how flush they sit with the body line. will look sweet once lowered and repowdercoated

(the oil stains on the ground infront of the car are from my mums statesman.....pos)

and yeah your right the 34 wheels do look better. cause they fill the guards better.

350z wheels if you can find em cheap are real nice too

post-62717-0-44186900-1294574163_thumb.jpg

post-62717-0-16183200-1294574278_thumb.jpg

post-62717-0-63651100-1294574422_thumb.jpg

Edited by boiracer

• 2 weeks later...

OK I've done a 180 and am now looking at going with 18's :) I've decided to also lower the car as I've recently discovered I'm getting bad tyre wear on the inside 5cm of my right rear tyre. I'm going with Sydneykid's suspension package, probably the whole thing minus springs as he reckons I won't need the Whitelines. May as well keep the car a bit longer then :P

So I'm looking at some Rota Torque Drifts in 18 x 9.5 with +30 or +35mm offset and 245/35 tyres all round but I'm unsure if these will fit without guard mods? And if they do, what's the lowest I can go wheel-to-guard before guard mods are required?

Keeping in mind my car is Charcoal, what colour would look best? I'm thinking either Gunmetal or Steel Gray. Have a look here: http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=45

The reason why I'm going for 9.5's is because I want the fat "concave" look so will a +30 or +35mm offset still show this? I basically want it to look like the GTR below (18 x 9.5's in Gunmetal), however I think he said somewhere in the thread it was +20 so will 15mm really make that much difference to the "concave" look?

IMG_0116.jpg

The potential clearance is so small it probably comes down to manufacturing clearances hence some fitting and other cars needing a very small spacer.

Yeah like i said, they're cheap at usually $400 or so for a set with tires, they're 1" wider and larger and look a bit better.

Here's a pic

gallery_56118_3384_150820.jpg

I want that front bar, what brand is it and where can i get it from?

• 1 year later...

Hmmm was thinking of doing this.

And I used the search function and dug a thread as opposed to creating a new one.

h02Ew.jpg

My car is pretty low and prefer the look of 17"s.

Anyone got any decent pics?

Boiracers 33 is tractor height.