SAU Community

Ticking Sound coming from front wheel..

Hey everybody,

Since ive taken off my wheels, then put them back on again, everytime i turn right, the left had front wheel makes a ticking sound as it turns. If i go faster, the tick is faster so its somethin to do with the revolutioning of the wheel. Anyone have any suggestions? I havent had time to take the wheel off and put it back on, but was hoping that there is a simple solution to this. the sound is very annoying.

Thanks

Well Duncan i thought that too, cos it did that a while ago, and i fixed it by tightening the nuts, but this time it wont stop. the nuts a tight ass. Im thinkin the spacers (blocks) could be loose, so ill take off the wheel and try that.

Also its def not the wheel bearing, as i jacked up the front and it doesnt do it. Like i said, it only happens when i turn right, ie all the weight is on the left hand side.

Thanks

Check less obvious places like the back of the spokes on your wheel or on the inside/outside edge of the disc rotor. I've seen a case where a tar-coated rock, stuck to the inside of a wheel, would just touch on the brake caliper once every trip around :cheers: