SAU Community

Hid's,whats The Best Brand? And How High Can I Go?

Heyy all.

I want to get hids in my R33. They are plastic headlights, so whats the most k's i can go up to?

I have searched but didnt find my answers.

I know they re illegal but that does not bother me,

i want to go realy bright + blue + white = me :D

Thanks

The plastic headlights have nothing to do with it (they aren't going to melt if you are thinking the higher kelvin rating gives off a lot more heat or something). Realistically 4300-8000k is about all you want. However it varies from brand to brand. 8000k in one brand may not neccesarily be the same colour as 8000k in another brand.

Edited by PM-R33

Heyy all.

I want to get hids in my R33. They are plastic headlights, so whats the most k's i can go up to?

I have searched but didnt find my answers.

I know they re illegal but that does not bother me,

i want to go realy bright + blue + white = me :)

Thanks

I'm a big fan of DDM tuning. Search them on google. The ballasts are the size of a credit card! They are an american company, but I'm sure the price makes shipping them worthwhile. I got a 55w 6000k set for $55 shipped for my R33, but I'm in the US. As far as kelvins, I've always heard the bluer the light, the more it strains your eyes. I went with the 6000 because they are the closest to white light.

Edited by Ricky Ricer

I have trailed a few brands. I have just received a new DC current kit that im yet to trail.

It has slim ballasts and is suppose to be quicker start up.

Ill try and get it in the car this weekend.

I have trailed a few brands. I have just received a new DC current kit that im yet to trail.

It has slim ballasts and is suppose to be quicker start up.

Ill try and get it in the car this weekend.

That d be great. Let me know how it goes! Thanks

Is there a reason you want 10,000k other than wanting to outdo habbiby and his "fully hektik uleh" maroon series 1 r33 gtst?

For the sake of all the poor motorists that drive past you, please don't go above 6,000k :l

^^^^^ Agree with what he said. Anything over 6000k is just stupid.

I've got the latest 6000k Philips Hids in my R32 GTR and they are great. They have the slim ballasts and work very well, much better then the factory R32 GTR headlights.

^^^^^ Agree with what he said. Anything over 6000k is just stupid.

I've got the latest 6000k Philips Hids in my R32 GTR and they are great. They have the slim ballasts and work very well, much better then the factory R32 GTR headlights.

Can you post up some pics?

i recommend Kaixen brand. i got a kit from KZ Autoimports(sau forum trader on here) for $235, it plugged straight in with no issues, looks pro as

Any good brands from the states you could recommend from ebay? I'm after a set of H1s and maybe HB4s too while taking advantage of our stronger dollar.

Philips any good?

@ DVS32R & Chris32R, either of you guys using n1 headlights with your HID??

A bit of a late reply but no I don't have N1 headlights, just standard 32R. I might upgrade later on but definetly not anytime soon.

Out of curiousity why do you ask? Is there a difference between the two?

how much is an install for a set of these i have a set sitting here but didnt know who to go to get them put in. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing from your profile that you have an r34? If you have the stock XENON headlights, it's as simple as.

1. Unscrewing your bulb cover.

2. Take out the old bulb, plugging the existing connections into the ballast.

3. Plug the new bulb into the ballast and put it back where the old one was.

4. Mount the ballast.

:ermm:

I'm guessing from your profile that you have an r34? If you have the stock XENON headlights, it's as simple as.

1. Unscrewing your bulb cover.

2. Take out the old bulb, plugging the existing connections into the ballast.

3. Plug the new bulb into the ballast and put it back where the old one was.

4. Mount the ballast.

:)

Lol, I remember seeing a guide a while ago, it looked a lot more complicated than the way you've put it :D

I'd like to know how to as well xD

Lol, I remember seeing a guide a while ago, it looked a lot more complicated than the way you've put it :P

I'd like to know how to as well xD

I did mine myself on my GTT and it took just over half an hour.

Right side took about 25 mins.. but after I did one side, the other side was piss :)

Not very complicated, just some screwing, unscrewing, plugging and unplugging ;)