SAU Community

A New Project

jdmser

I'm in the planning stages of a new project and I'm having a hard time finding answers. The platform is going to be my tired but trusty little B14 200sx. I've decided to give her a new emerald blue paint job with carbon zg flares, hood, and trunk. For running gear, here's where it get's a little weird, I going to swap in a gtir rear end and avenir auto awd trans. I'm going to do a mild build on the engine with new pistons, rings and bearing to handle a 100 wet shot. I know the auto transmissions are weak but, I can't seem to find out how weak and if there are rebuild kits out to beef them up.

you'd be better off asking on the pulsar forums rather than the skyline forums. the 200sx bit threw me off for a second there when you started talking about gtir rear end and avenir boxes. over here the 200sx was the australian version of the silvia, which america got as the 240sx (although ours still kept the sr20 rather than the ka24).

so as i said, try the pulsar forums, as the guys there will have a bit more info on the fwd/awd stuff. or have a look through a few american sites to see if you can find info.

you'd be better off asking on the pulsar forums rather than the skyline forums. the 200sx bit threw me off for a second there when you started talking about gtir rear end and avenir boxes. over here the 200sx was the australian version of the silvia, which america got as the 240sx (although ours still kept the sr20 rather than the ka24).

so as i said, try the pulsar forums, as the guys there will have a bit more info on the fwd/awd stuff. or have a look through a few american sites to see if you can find info.

Appreciate it. None of the US sites have much info on any of the awd setups since they were never sold over here. I've been searching bluebird sites since that's where the fwd guys source most of their engines from with no luck. I'll give the pulsar sites a go and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

Edited by jdmser