SAU Community

1992 Subaru Liberty Awd Gx Newcastle Nsw.

Hey all today I have a 1992 subaru liberty gx awd for sale

GOOD POINTS:

Its dark green/black

Lowered lovells springs

Green Neons in boot

Kenwood headunit aux input

Kenwood speakers in custom made door pods

10" kenwood sub in box

2x 10" pioneer subs no boxes

All amp wiring and rcas installed with capaictor and second set of rcas

New alternator cost $320

New battery cost $100

Sony explode speakers in parcel shelf

Sports exhaust

Auto

283xxxklms

BAD POINTS:

I was driving allong and the harmonic balancer came off as well as the belts so

I went too the wreckers and bought a new one and chucked it on all sweet for

About a week or two driving along again and it starts running rough so I pull over

Too see what's wrong harmonic balancer is loose I thought that's strange so I get

It towed had my mechanic look over it this time tells me the keyway is f**ked and its

Thrashing out my harmonic balancers and its slipped the timing belt so I've bought a

Harmonic balancer and have a keyway lined up other than that just need too redo

The timing with a timing light. He also told me my rear left hand rive shaft has a bit of

Play other than that its a great car. Few scrathes and dents. I can get this all fixed at an

Additional cost if you would like haven't had time as I'm in newcastle and the car played

Up when I was visiting my mum in harrigton so that's were it stayed.

12 MONTHS REGO.

I'm wanting $1500 as is or I can get it fixed for whatever it cost me

Contact jahn on 0432163488

I have been as honest as possible but come and inspect it

Can't get pics up atm ill try too in the next couple of days...

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! have balancer and everything fixed now. but the air flow sensor is stuffed or ecu not sure dont really want too

stuff around with it my mechanic has done a compression test come back ok he said this engine has like 36 sensors so could be any

one of those just running a bit rough $1000 TAKE IT AWAY really cheap for a car with 12 months rego....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Best option. A cheaper option is a Xtreme Twin Plate, Organic Sprung Centre
    • Transmission synchros feel pretty bad at this point in my car and sometimes the clutch feels like it has an inconsistent engagement point in the pedal travel. I figure if I'm going to swap in a new transmission I may as well also put in a new clutch. Obvious candidates are ATS's pull-type twin plate carbon clutch, Nismo Super Coppermix Twin, or some organic clutch option I haven't figured out yet. I have searched this stuff to death at this point and still don't feel all that confident in making a decision. Target power is not much. ~330 kW at the wheels max. I ballpark the torque spec at 600 N-m. The stock clutch feels a little light so a little heavier is ok but I would say no more than 15-20% additional pedal effort. For some reason most clutch manufacturers want to keep this stuff a secret but the Coppermix Twin is 950 kg clamp load so I figure it can't be too much heavier than stock. The hang-up I have is some people mentioning that the clutch is very grabby which sounds like a pain. The stock clutch is almost too easy to modulate so I don't mind if it requires more precision than that but I don't want to deal with something that feels like I'm getting rear-ended at every traffic light. Also I see some mention of the release bearing carrier sizing requiring some work which sounds like something that might complicate installation? It would be good to know exactly what is needed here for a 1995 R33 GTR. The ATS clutch is supposedly the best but I've seen some complaints that they wear out easily and also slip when cold. I don't know how much of that is true but the cost is also huge compared to even the Nismo Coppermix twin plate. It's also unsprung which normally I would reject immediately but supposedly carbon clutches don't need it. The higher clamp load at 1300 kg is also a little concerning but to me more clamp load seems like it inevitably means more pedal effort and also more strain on the engine crank thrust bearings.  This is a street car and despite being a weekend car I seem to spend a lot of time crawling in severe traffic congestion with it anyways so I will gladly pay to have something that is easy to drive on and will hold the power with no unexpected headaches. I really don't want to do a clutch twice.
    • Grease the poly bushes as your first order of business. Moly grease. Spanner check everything else. Inspect LCA inner bushes.