SAU Community

Car Cleaning/detailing

Misanthrope

I was wondering where one could take his GTR to be 'professionally' cleaned and or detailed in Melbourne. I don't have the time to regularly do it meticulously myself so I was hoping there were places out there that do a fine thorough job...the type of place that takes extra care as if they owned the car themselves...where the cleaners don't take fancy exotics on joy rides. There are too many hand car washes with 2-5 indians scrubbing away and holdens and vans parked 2 cm from each other awaiting pick up. For obvious reasons I don't trust them with my S5 let alone my GTR.

Thanks.

PS. my first time here on this forum. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant advise where to clean as i diy for those reasons above (plus im a hobbiest detailer)

but to detail go see damien @ finalinspection.com.au

Thanks. They are a tad far from where I live. Although a hobbiest detailer might be just the man I need to chat with. Do you think you can message me the brand and products you use. I've always wanted to be able to do a semi-profesh job on my cars but I get intimidated by all the products on the market. I have heard some do more damage than good. I owe you one if you can spare me some personal advice.

Thanks!

mate recommending what products to use is almost impossible without seeing the condition of the paint

what needs to be done?

if you need to remove swirls and scratches you're going to need a machine, something user friendly like a meguairs g220, you'll want to get some practice with it before going to work on a car

then you'll need polishing pads, and polishes.....all dependant on the level of correction

its a pandora's box and best left to the pro's if you haven't been around the industry imo

my advice is to get it pro-detailed, then maintain it yourself with some products you can use by hand - paint cleaners that have light abbrassives or even fillers, and a good wax or 2 suited to your colour and durability needs. This is what my mates do who don't know or don't have the time to correct paint by machine

what i use personally is dependant on my mood, time and if i just want to test new products. I have about 30 waxes/sealants in total, with the same number if not more paint cleaners, multiple polishes, basically enough to open a shop

Edited by domino_z

I would say the condition of the paint is brand new. The car is always garaged and has only done a measly 1200km. I thought I would get a proper detail first then try to maintain myself. 

Wow you were not kidding when you said detailer hobbyist. I respect your enthusiasm. Props.

I was wondering where one could take his GTR to be 'professionally' cleaned and or detailed in Melbourne. I don't have the time to regularly do it meticulously myself so I was hoping there were places out there that do a fine thorough job...the type of place that takes extra care as if they owned the car themselves...where the cleaners don't take fancy exotics on joy rides. There are too many hand car washes with 2-5 indians scrubbing away and holdens and vans parked 2 cm from each other awaiting pick up. For obvious reasons I don't trust them with my S5 let alone my GTR.

Thanks.

PS. my first time here on this forum. 

Greg at Protech on Dorset Road, Bayswater

http://www.protechcarcare.com.au/

He did my R35 then my Audi A5 Coupe. And I am going to have my V35 done on Friday. Probably not the cheapest around but you pay for what you get. Pics of my R35 and A5 will be up on his website shortly.

white will be very easy to maintain yourself

my recommendation is the Poorboys White Diamond - that will clean the paint cleaner and hide light swirls

and then use a good high gloss sealant (synthetic wax) like Blackfire Wet Diamond - that should last around 3-4 months

i wouldnt waste money/time on carnauba waxes on white, a sealant is what you want on white paint

there is absolutely no where else to go in Melbourne besides Final Inspection /thread - in all seriousness, you'd be mad to go else where if you wanted the best job.

i agree with domino (who owned a black 350z prev with GTC's?), get it pro detailed once, and then maintain it after.

everything you need to purchase is available at www.finalinspection.com.au - the best stuff is there, get Damian to make up a maintenance kit for you.

forums.finalinspection.com.au (Detail Addiction) will sort out any queries you have as well.

Damian to detail, you to maintain with FI products = better than factory looking GTR

i agree with domino (who owned a black 350z prev with GTC's?), get it pro detailed once, and then maintain it after.

close :D ......gold SF-Challenges

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas..._a/133_3353.jpg

gawd i miss that car, i wish i had it now with the gtr......new owner has killed it with a ghey rep veilside ott rear wing

Edited by domino_z

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely recommend Eurogloss Prestige, they detail exotics and even GTR's as seen here http://aussieexotics.com/forum/eurogloss-p...ack-5792.0.html
Definitely recommend Mario! His an absolute freak!

YUp I highly recommend Mario from Eurogloss, I've got him flying up to Sydney to do my cars soon. HE has done a lot of the exotics around the place and no one can match his finish, cars come back better than they did from the factory.

He is not cheap, but he is worth every $. If you want it done properly then this is the guy, browse through aussieexotics forum and you can see some of his work.

off topic any good ones in sydney ? lol

If you want a perfect job there is no one from Sydney who can do it right from what I have seen. Ask Mario when he is next comming to Sydney.

doing exotics is NO judge of how good a detailer is. If anything, it makes their life easier by refusing to touch normal cars...

to the OP, have a chat to Damian - i guarantee you will not find a better detailer in Australia

doing exotics is NO judge of how good a detailer is. If anything, it makes their life easier by refusing to touch normal cars...

to the OP, have a chat to Damian - i guarantee you will not find a better detailer in Australia

The highlighted bit you wrote makes no sense... not sure where you got that from :P

He does all cars (if you look at his website), no one said he only does exotics. And seriously how is a detailer that doesn't do exotics better than one that does both normal and exotics.

Anyway a picture is worth 1000 words like how he detailed this R35

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/eurogloss-p...ack-5792.0.html

I used Mario as well before I knew anything about the finer details in a proper car detail. He came to Sydney 2-3 years ago and detailed my car over 2 days. Although he's not cheap, the quality of his work certainly helped me sell the car to the first person who came and saw it. Since then, I've learnt a lot through the forums and my own trail and errors.

Damian is also another top detailer. In fact, I would try him out if I had a car to detail.

That black R35 GT-R will be a piece of cake to work on. I just detailed a 9 year old S15 that has never been detailed before. On top of the deep scratches from people leaning on the front left guard, there were swirls galore, paint fade from being out in the sun, acid damage from bird poo, you name it, the car had it all.

The paint correction process took me almost 10 hours to perform, but in the end, the client was elated with the results and costing half the price of what Eurogloss would charge. I must say, I'm no Mario but I can do a job just as good as he can.

post-2802-1284377731_thumb.jpg

post-2802-1284377741_thumb.jpg