SAU Community

Floods In Hawthorn

Guest INASNT

Here are some pictures from last weeks flooding of Hawthorn right outside our work office. I wasent actually at work on the day but a guy at work took these pics from our balcony.

All the building carparks are underground in the area but i cant take my car down the ramp coz it scrapes the front spoiler real bad. So i park around the back of the building.

Luckyly the people in our office moved their cars out before the whole area got flooded, but in the pic of the fireman near the building that building got totally flooded and about 20 cars in their underground carpark were floating around.

They are still pulling our cars today onto tow trucks.

The white honda in the pic was also floating around and the fireman had to get a rope and tie it to one of the posts.

I wish i was there coz it would have been a pisser to see the cars floating around.

Apparently it rained hard for around 50 minutes straight.

The people in our office couldnt get home until 8.30 that night coz they had to stay on the top level of the building.

hey inasnt

those pics of the building thats the corner of glenferrie and oxley rd. near the kent st. car parks yeh? luckily i didnt have to go to uni otherwise my car wouldve been swimming! so you work around there? if you drive your line i prob wouldve seen it around

Yep i work just off oxley road.

You wouldnt have seen my car around much last or this year coz i was in QLD most of the time and the other times i havent had my car to drive it to work.

I live and work on Glenferrie too, shat my pants when it started to hail but managed to get the car out pretty quick.

The pics you see in the herald sun and the video footage on channel 7 and 9 is from my camera. They approached me when they saw that I had been down there for a while taping it.

skygirl, i'm in the camberwell/hawthorn area as well. i'll keep a lookout from now on. i'm usually at camberwell junction or the cafe's under glenferrie train station

yeh give us a wave if u see me haha :P theres another girl that ive seen driving a black R34 around that area.

let me guess the cafes under glenferrie trainstation could that be marios coffee or

bacio dolce ?

:bahaha: and i know where all that stuff is too like the back of my hand :( I so wish i was back there when it all happened.. i love chaos :worship:

although here we had massive storm and trees falling over cars last friday. I went out for a drive 20 mins after it happened and there were like branches and stuff all over the road, trees blocking the main street. Saw 2 squashed cars and was thinking "hmm, somebody is gonna be pissed". It was like my skyline was on an obstacle course, was sooo cool :cheers:

yeh give us a wave if u see me haha :( theres another girl that ive seen driving a black R34 around that area.

let me guess the cafes under glenferrie trainstation could that be marios coffee or  

bacio dolce ?

yep - you know your shit! i got silver R33 series 2 with white rims and SPU as no. plate.

mabe see you crusing around sometime.