SAU Community

R32 Skyline Stolen And Crashed

soundtone

Damn not another one.. this really sucks. Hope everyone is parking there cars somewhere safe and get clublocks and alarm/immobiliser. Atleast it will take a while for them to steal it.

that sucks mate...... but it is port adelaide?, a dump

and no alarm, just asking for it. parking on the street is like having a flag on it in neon, "steal me"!!

at least you got it back in fixable condition not smoking still.

so I take it your first item to buy is a ADR approved alarm ?

wish the police would actually put the car theft crims behind bars, not a slap on the hand off you go.

farking scum in this town who steal cars and trash them.

Yeah port adealide is pretty dodgey looking area. This is like a really new subdivision right next to Port Adelaide. The street is completely off the road and there is only one way in and out. So it's not like these losers just happened to be cruising by and saw my car. It's likely they specifically targeted this area because it's a fairly rich area, and of course my skyline was like the only cool car parked on the street (apart from a yellow R34).

I'm so pissed off that I didn't make it a challenge to steal. I mean it's so easy to immobilise your own car even if you don't have an immobilisor. You just pull out wires and fuses, take out the battery or pull off the steering wheel. All of which I will be doing the next time I park in a dodgey place.

Insurance rang and they are going to fix it up and sort it all out, they have been really good about it all. So at the end of the day it's just gonna cost me for the excess.

I guess I was lucky it wasn't a smoldering pile of metal and all of my belongings were still in the car, my toolbox and a $700 car dvd player was left intact.

Hope everyone can learn something from this. It's just unfortunate I didn't read about all the stolen skylines in this section before it actually happened to me.

when i had my towing business i recovered plenty of cars that had a club locks. fitted ..... they just bend the steering wheel with a jemmi bar and the club lock falls off more a visuaul detearent i think for the tham amauters .

glad the insurence is doing the right thing by ya .

cheers dean

man that really sucks, hope u all got alarm PLUS immobiliser AND club locks in your cars, spend a few dosh on these items and its better for u in the long run,.. farrk man, those scumbags, I wish I could smash their faces with a baseball bat or steel pipe or whatever, as a owner of an import that I love, I feel for ya man..dont give up mate, life goes on

Was this Skyline supposed to be in a wedding in 2 weeks time? I have been asked for my V35 to be a replacement car for a Skyline that was stolen from Newport last week.

Sorry to hear man. Hopefully the filthy crooks hurt themselves when they crashed it.

Was this Skyline supposed to be in a wedding in 2 weeks time? I have been asked for my V35 to be a replacement car for a Skyline that was stolen from Newport last week.

Sorry to hear man. Hopefully the filthy crooks hurt themselves when they crashed it.

It was supposed to be in my brothers wedding in a month's time. Hopefully it's all fixed up in time... I have no idea how long crash repairs take.

takes 2 sec to unplug the ignitor in the engine bay and the fuel pump in the boot

then click the little latch in on the boot catch so you need a key to open the boot

presto unstealable or will atleast you'll wake up from the sound of them trying to start it with nothing happen

my fav was the fuel pump trick

Edited by 1400r

also try and buy the car back from insurance comp if its written off as a repairable write off....then see if you can fix it or make it in to a project.....or just sell the parts individually and make some $$ that way

No it doesn't look too bad but turns out there is damage to the suspension and they would need to pull the engine out. So they're writing it off. Oh well I'll have to get a GTR just like Krishy suggested.

Buy a clublock and an alarm + kill switches and hook them all up as soon as you buy it, being a GTR and I'm guessing it'll be parked in or around that port Adelaide area you'll need a few things to stop them, don't know how, but theives are getting smarter, must be a 'how to' guide to stealing cars book, or 'stealing cars for dummies' book..

Buy a clublock and an alarm + kill switches and hook them all up as soon as you buy it, being a GTR and I'm guessing it'll be parked in or around that port Adelaide area you'll need a few things to stop them, don't know how, but theives are getting smarter, must be a 'how to' guide to stealing cars book, or 'stealing cars for dummies' book..

I can tell you that I wont be parking a skyline ever again in the port adealide area. Not without removing a wheel or something.