SAU Community

99 Rs4s Brakes

Brendan&Ana

Hi ALL DETAIL`S are in BRAKE THREAD ROTOR`S & PAD`S

Cheer`s Chuckie.

i have been trying to find the info in there but i have had no luck to much conflicting info just want some1 that has done this recently that can confirm what i need

I just fitted QFM pads to my S2 mate, and they are pretty good. They have stagea specific pads on the shelf, and they are reasonably priced too.

GSl Rallysport - Qfm Pads

Dixcel rotors seem to be a good direct fit option. Jap import spares in adelaide sell them

Dixcel rotors - Jap import spares

GSL have special pricing for SAU users, check em out in the traders section.

i have been trying to find the info in there but i have had no luck to much conflicting info just want some1 that has done this recently that can confirm what i need

Where is there Conflicting INFO,

Dave said they rubbed,so 1 guy had a Problem ,& i have had then for over a year with not a worry ,i give up with trying to help some online ,i just waste my time i guess :)

some time`s i wonder what`s wrong with people :D:)

Where is there Conflicting INFO,

Dave said they rubbed,so 1 guy had a Problem ,& i have had then for over a year with not a worry

that looks like conflicting info to me...

some time`s i wonder what`s wrong with people

every time i see your posts i wonder what's wrong with you and your grammar/CAPS LOCK :)

also thanks to Robbie for that info cos i too had been wondering...

hi guys

im looking for part numbers for pads and rotors (preferably slotted) all round for my 99 rs4s direct replacement no stuffin about with machining or whateva

thanks guys

Hi mate,

As Big Fella said, we have S2 Stagea pads on the shelf. If it's just for performance street use, then the pads that we would recommend would be the QFM HPX, which are a Bendix Ultimate or EBC Green stuff equivalent performance wise, and low dust and rotor wear.

Part Numbers and prices:

Front - GSL009HPX $119

Rear - GSL010HPX $79

Anyone doing track work, then best to step up to the A1RM, which is a Ferodo DS2500 or Project Mu HC+ equivalent.

Part Numbers and prices:

Front - GSL009A1RM $179

Rear - GSL010A1RM $179

Regards,

Greg

I just fitted QFM pads to my S2 mate, and they are pretty good. They have stagea specific pads on the shelf, and they are reasonably priced too.

GSl Rallysport - Qfm Pads

Dixcel rotors seem to be a good direct fit option. Jap import spares in adelaide sell them

Dixcel rotors - Jap import spares

GSL have special pricing for SAU users, check em out in the traders section.

hey thanks for the info there

regarding the dixcel rotors the guy has standard non slotted in stock for $240 pair if you want slotted have to wait 2 months $400 but if u dont want to wait they can air freight them to you at a cost $500 just for freight so i decided to machine the 1's i have atm put new pads and i'll try and get the guy from jap import spares to get a few sets of slotted in for down the track

actual dimensions for ROTORS series 2 1999 rs4s

FRONT -

diameter 290mm

height 48mm

centre 68mm

minimum thickness 26mm

brand new thickness 28mm

REAR -

diameter 292mm

height 63mm

centre 68mm

minimum thickness 16mm ( couldnt remember exactly what measurement was here but pretty sure this was it could be 14)

brand new thickness 18mm ( couldnt remember exactly what measurement was here but pretty sure this was it could be 16)

so far from my searches nothing is exactly the same.

cool as mate. my front and rear rotors still had plenty of meat on them so i just had them machined.

I'd love to go to slotted rotors, but i don't think it's necessary for the family wagon.

My current set up stops well, and doesn't really get that hot. Slotted rotors normally wear the disc more, plus machining can be a pain in the a**

Cheapest prices- Bendix fronts DB1250CT $106, Ferrodo rears DB1144TA $54

Actually, one thing I should note, remember that both the HPX and A1RM are performance pads. They would be the equivalent to a Bendix Ultimate or Bendix SRT respectively, just keep that in mind if anyone is comparing prices on pads floating around.

As far as just standard, run of the mill street pads go (so equivalent to Bendix GCT), we can do:

S2 rears in QFM Super X for $79

S1 Fronts in Japanese made Nisshinbo for $95

S1 Rear in Japanese made Acre for $75

Series 2 fronts are still in HPX or A1RM only.

^^^ as above

i got the racy ones (f) and the more mild street ones ®

pads fitted no problem

posted same day

cheap

mild dusting on the fronts but fantastic with everything i have thrown at em - towing, heavy use, daily

Infact i never got to thank you...

...Thanks man - you looked after me!

/ off topic