SAU Community

My New R35

Speedah

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Been playing with the GTR a bit...latest mods are an E85 conversion.

950cc injectors, HKS GT600 fuel pumps upgrade...and a tune from Willal.

Im also using the Sucrogen E85 (same stuff the V8 supercars use).

Result was 400kw atws..the thing is damn quick....leaves black lines from each tyre under acceleration in second gear.

Off to WSID on Wednesday to see where its at....then off to the Temora 1000 next weekend followed by a track day at Wakefield on the 27th.

Thanks to Martin at Willal for tunes

HKS pumps and 950cc injectors

gtr30.jpg

Sucrogen E85

gtr31.jpg

result...blue line is the 98 tune...needs a little work ...will get onto that later

gtr11.jpg

stumbled across this pic from Wakefield

gtr36.jpg

awesome mate

keen to know why my car made more power on the same dyno and same fuel

what else do you have on the car? be interesting to know if you dont have an intake for eg, working out how much power it's worth working backwards from our dyno plots

in for your 1/4 times. I got rained out last sat and couldnt run

Edited by domino_z

Different dynos, different days, different fuels, and you had bigger inlet pipes etc domino. That explains most of the difference! :)

Other than that the tunes are fairly similar

How similar is fairly similar. I bought an email tune off you a while ago which is great. I have the cobb AP (Opviously) DW950cc injectors, HKS pumps, your (Willall) midpipe, the same down pipes as domino_z and ADM 2011 turbo inlet pipes (bigger ID).

Will one of your email tunes for E85 with confidence give me the same results as these guys with no issues?

Does your email tune cater for my specific mods? as I dont really want to have to take the car to SA if I can help it.

I will be running the sucrose E85 from the drum, will that make the tune different than that of domino_z which was your E70 tune?

Is there much of an advantage in getting the car dyno tuned by you rather than email tuned by you?

Do you need cobb data to do the email tune more accuaretely?

Sorry Martin for all the questions but I am really interested.

the way i understand it, given the willall maps have been based off running as low grade as e70, putting in sucro wouldn't really make that much of a difference - a bit like choosing bw different brand 98 rons

i may be wrong though, and if there's considerable gains to be had from the sucro juice, ill be coming past your place G35 for a top up before hitting the quarter :thumbsup:

So, went to Eastern Creek dragway last night...mixed result.

ran 10.96 @ 127mph

Had two runs....

First run the launch didnt feel clean so I got off it and braked at 3/4 track (to keep above 11.00)....ran 12.1 @ 69mph

Second run launch felt good so I stayed on it....

Looking at the data in my Vbox I should have stayed on it the first run..it was running strong at 7.0 @ 103mph half trrack and my 0-100klm/h was 3.0 sec ...second run was 3.2 sec

Looking at the video below you can see that the car actually bogged when shifting into second. Its hard to tell but 1st gear was all wheel spin (I had an aggressive 4000rpm launch map) I shifted at the rev limit but because of the wheel spin the vehicle speed was not there and she bogged...(the tacho goes as low as 3000rpm after the shift).

The bogging down probably cost me 2-3mph and a few tenths.

Looking at a heap of timeslips on the US GTR forums you can see low a 1.6 sec 60 foot is the norm....I think I would have nailed a 1.6 with a few more runs but there was no chance they would let me back on the track..

Enough excuses...

timeslip

DSCF1927.jpg

In car video of the run

Edited by Speedah

so what happens now, did they write down your numberplate so you cant go back

If you run under 12.00 (which I have done in the past) you need an ANDRA licence..the 10 sec pass is logged against you ANDRA licence number...

Someone else could take the car and probably get away with running

Speedah, do something about those brake temps before you destroy them.

This guy seems to be onto something - http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/61425-willall-gtr-brake-cooling-system-track-results-updated/

As the only effective brake cooling system that exists in the world for GTR its worth your consideration.

Forum sponsors CRD and Mercury both sell and install WR35WS :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

New wheels and springs installed today

Advan GT

20 x 10 front

20 x 12 rear

with 285 and 335 Michelins

Also fitted 1in lowered swift springs...these springs actually lowered the car 3/4in at the front and 1/2in at the rear.

Pics dont do it justice...looks very fat on the road.

Thanks to Michael at Acute Performance in the USA for a perfect transaction on the wheels/tyres and springs

I have also just done the 2012 front end conversion

gtr43.jpggtr46.jpggtr47.jpggtr48.jpggtr45.jpg