SAU Community

Rb25 Engine

DoooFusss

hey guys

im really lost for ideas atm I wanna make my engine look pretty as most of you guys would likes yours.

so if you have and tips and ideas and would be great if you could let me know.

im located in brisbane if there are any places here that dress up engines

thanks

If its a streeter I would avoid shinny stuff, Ive painted my cam covers-IC pipes-filter enclosure and catch can with a matte black VHT crinkle type finish paint, looks good and almost stockish, also gave my front mount a coat of flat black for the :P effect.

If you go all shinny its more likely that it could get defected, to the police shinny usually means modified which equals defect.

yeah very true man. yeah not gonna go the hole shinny way just want it to look nice and clean and what not maybe only paint the rocker cover a silver thats bout it i guess. where do you get that black matte finish paint from?

^^^ hahaha.. yes officer.. these do come standard with a highmount manifold..

+1, use as much black spray can as you want but it wont hide a highmount haha

also i wouldnt spray paint the fins of a intercooler if you want the stealth black should buy one that is ceramic coated as the paint restricts it from dissipating heat and holds it in.

also i wouldnt spray paint the fins of a intercooler if you want the stealth black should buy one that is ceramic coated as the paint restricts it from dissipating heat and holds it in.

My high mount has had the OK from the RTA inspection stations on 3 occasions and the whole car will be enginnered when the new motor goes in, only thing that needs changing is the catch can vent which vents to atmosphere, also if you ceramic coat the I/C it will trap the heat inside and not act as a heat soak, a light coat of paint to the outside is far superior as it will still let the heat excape from the I/C (heat sink), this is also why you paint a plenum and not use a ceramic coating.

You are allowed to do lots of mods to your car as long as you follow the details given by the RTA for modifications and if it outside of the guidelines all you need to do is build it properly so you can get it legaly enginnered.

its fine if u do a light coat

cheers boys for all the the tips the foward plenum idea looks good will have to go that way i think. Im obvisouly abit of a noob atm love cars but dont relly now shit lol but its all in the name of good fun.