SAU Community

Getting A Newbie With A Stagea Axis Up To Speed

luthepa1

Hi All,

Well I am glad to say I will soon be a nissan owner once again - cant wait! About to buy a Nissan Stagea M35 Axis Autech 2002 model - turbo.

I have come here to look into converting the trip computer system from Jap to English text. But I am looking for some quick tips/info/links to help me get up to speed as there is a HUGE amount a info on this site and even this Stagea forum section. Its crazy! But nice. So anything would be helpful as I do not want to be a inconvenience.

So I want to get the jap to eng conversion done. I see Andy's email as the go to guy for Sydney area? Can I do this myself since I studied electronic engineering in computer systems? I am always tweaking/hacking stuff. And I would like to make use of the navigation system if possible but I think people are installing replacements? Also I guess I need to work out if I have series 1 or 2 - how do I know that?

Also would be cool to have TV and external inputs for other devices like iPhone.

And anyone translated the characters on the buttons of the trip computer.

I dont have the car yet (hopefully in this coming week) which you may be able to tell from my questions. I will probably figure a lot of this stuff out once I got the new toy in my hands to start investigating but I want to make a head start on the text translations.

Any help greatly appreciated and great to be back here and to soon own a nissan again.

Paul.

Welcome Paul.

You have a Series 1 car, as Series 2 cars are NOT turbo, built >2004. Different interior and a few other things. I'll let the guys that know all about electronics sort you out on the other things. Interestingly, I think the Series 2 cars have a direct Ipod connection, but i don't have an ipod, so haven't tried it. Just know that there is some connector in the arm rest that looks a bit ipod-ish!

If your in NSW, Andy can also help with TV.

I Think only Chris is doing Cruise control, up in QLD.

Edited by PN-Mad

definately great choice.. i wish i got at least an RS 4 like yours Scotty with the navi- or an axis like this!

My RX has no cruise control!

owell got mine pretty cheap i cant complain all that much..

Mine is base model with the aero kit, no navi or cruise, and no LSD unfortunately.

Cruise only came out as an option, it is an auto sensing radar type and is pretty rare.

Seems series 1 m35's got one of the best VQ's, I just got back from tuning with some pretty impressive figures, more torque than the 2J supra there could pull off. (stock sequential turbos) Seems the rods are pretty strong in these, luckily. :)