SAU Community

Stroker R34 Gtr

If you are so concerned about displacement, get a Clubsport!!!

or alternatively:

M3 is 3.2 or 4.5 (?) if it's the V8

2.6x1.7 turbo multiplication as per motorsport regs = 4.42, so basically the RB26 is equivelant to an NA 4.4l, but is even easier to get HP out of. Seriously get the car, drive it for a bit, play with what you get then decide what you want to improve. if it is STRICTLY a road car what the F do you need more than 300hp for? even my stock R32 with a pair of -7s is quicker that all bar the top Porsches/Ferraris/Lambos etc to 100... The way you are talking I would personally be suggesting maybe this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey mate I kind of get where you're coming from, you had the evo which was a beast and don't want to take a step down. But that doesn't mean you should throw money at a giant step up either. With the amount of money you seem willing to throw at this you should have the fastest gtr in the country bar a very select few.

How many killerwasps did the sti have btw? Sounds like a beast! Which model was it?

The 3.0L rb26/30 is really really common compared to more exotic engine builds. I'd just be doing this with clever turbo choices and a good tune. Is there really that much of a difference between 3.0 and 3.15 in the real world?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there really that much of a difference between 3.0 and 3.15 in the real world?

No.

Great point though.

Mines an 87mm bore, stock is 86mm.

Drivability is the key here. Also GTRNUR has a good motor in development around that capacity.

No point having a laggy 3L, a responsive 3L will be way down the street before you have much going on.

Capacity isnt the be all and end all (although i highly doubt the OP realises this judging by his posts). Turbo choice, cams, part selection, rod stroke ratio etc all play their part.

I personally would love to one day to the 3.0L conversion myself (talking years down the track here). But I just want to know how it all goes together.

OP, see how n1gtr has >28000 posts, that tends to indicate a fair bit of knowledge.

Another point: you can spend as much as you want on a car but an experienced, knowledgeable person can build a faster, more reliable engine/car for 10% the price.

Called a couple of GTR sellers yesterday, I'm trying to a get a pretty cheap one even if the KMs are high, I'm getting rid of the engine anyway. I don't mind paying 40-45 even 50k but does anyone know any GTR's from 35-40k? I mean genuine R34 GTRs. If not then I have couple of high probabilities.

Galois I'll dig up videos I have of my STi, it was an 04.

The other option, just as a point of interest, would be buy an r33 gtr and spend the savings on mods as well making a real weapon lol. Not sure why you want to rush into this so quickly though, it's not like taking things slowly is going to waste your money. You don't even own an r34 gtr but you already don't want the engine...

I think I'll be getting the OS Giken 3.15 motor, it seems to be coming from a solid company and I calculated it, I could make it work into the budget. Now because this thing is so expensive I want the best tuner in the country. I would be willing to go interstate for a tune if its necessary. Does anyone know a good tuner with a good workshop?

I tell ya what, send me $125k and I'll build it for you and send it back down. The price includes the purchase on the car you don't have yet.

I have everything I need to build you an absolutely reliable rocket;

R34 GTR V-spec

"High Octane" stroker

Assortment of turbos (we'll stick with low-mounts)

I'll put a Autronic in it

I'll install a fresh PPG dog box we have here.

We'll dry sump it.

We'll tune for E85.

it'll make around 500AWKW and will have usable boost under 2000rpm, and rev to over 9k.

Deal?

Galois the R33 is not an option, I know I'll get abuse for saying this but compared to the R34 it is kind of ugly, personal opinion though. I want the R34 for the looks and the performance, if it was just performance I'd get the R32. I considered the Supra too but I've made up my mind.

Galois the R33 is not an option, I know I'll get abuse for saying this but compared to the R34 it is kind of ugly, personal opinion though. I want the R34 for the looks and the performance, if it was just performance I'd get the R32. I considered the Supra too but I've made up my mind.

For the amount of coin your looking at laying out, if you can see your self in an R32 then maybe you should do it.

Because then you would have the money to bring it upto spec in any way you find it deficient.

Plus enjoy the lower weight.

I tell ya what, send me $125k and I'll build it for you and send it back down. The price includes the purchase on the car you don't have yet.

I have everything I need to build you an absolutely reliable rocket;

R34 GTR V-spec

"High Octane" stroker

Assortment of turbos (we'll stick with low-mounts)

I'll put a Autronic in it

I'll install a fresh PPG dog box we have here.

We'll dry sump it.

We'll tune for E85.

it'll make around 500AWKW and will have usable boost under 2000rpm, and rev to over 9k.

Deal?

can i have your autograph ?

Does anyone know where I can rent like a little workshop to work on the car, some things I can do without a mechanic. I just need a garage kind of place. They don't seem to rent places for 2 weeks I checked it's all per annum rents and I don't think they would think it's worth it. I just need a big enough place to paint, replace small things etc. By the way I have experience so that's not the issue, I can't do it at home, not enough room.

I just saw the Autosound LS1 powered R34, it's a twin turbo and it weighs less than the RB26 with more displacement. Now Autosound did do this build so it is possible and I suspect it's alot cheaper than the OS Giken RB315. Questions is with this build can the 4WD remain. The 4WD is one of the R34 GTR's best features, can the LS1 work with the 4WD? This sounds like a stupid idea but look at the facts.

1. Cheaper Build

2. Lighter Build

3. More torque

Now I would only want 600-650hp but the torque, the weight and the price would really make this tempting. I love the straight-6 in the R34 but I've looked at the price and this seems feasible. Street legality is obviously laughable, this thing is like 125% increase in displacement but we'll talk about that later. What do you think?

I think most people on here think you're getting way ahead of yourself and just writing off an engine you haven't even bought yet mate. That said, if you want to spend this much and don't want that engine why not put something really interesting in.

Isn't the ls2 a better option then the runaround ls1? Can't remember, read about a similar idea ages ago.

Why not put a supercharged 6L monaro engine in? More torque than you'd know what to do with. Not sure how much they cost, but what about one of the audi, merc or bmw v8s? Mountains of torque and 8k redline stock.

Obviously you are thinking too small. I would be looking at a new BMW N74 V12. It's the engine that comes in the 7 series BMW twin turboed and a 7 speed gear box. Awesome torque and power. Might be a bit of a hassle putting it into an R34 though...

You could always just buy an R35 instead of a 34. 3.8 twin turbo has a dickload more torque than a 26 and you would probably spend similar money trying to jam an LS engine in there and make it work with the awd system.

Another idea would be to GTFO...