SAU Community

Tyres Help

bpv35

hey guys, i have recently purchase some rims from a member on here. its 18" buddy club p1 racing. Well the problem is, i have some cheap tyres on atm until thursday when i get new tyres, when i drive there is a constant loud noise coming from the wheels. It sounds like i have an exhaust installed. LOUD and it rumbles the car.

could this be the tyres? the tyres itself is very bumpy.. the treads are rough.

thanks

beepee

My V35 has VERY bad road noise depending what tyres are on the car. I got rid of some Bridgestones because I couldn't put up with the noise. My feeling is that V35s do not have very good (if any) sound deadening in the floor. I intend to buy some Dynamat style padding and pull out the seats/carpets and put much more deadening in. If you are interested in doing this to your V35 too PM me and I will get you in on my buy of the Dynamat style product from the USA when I order it in coming months.

if they are cheap and directional thats the problem, does the steering wheel vibrate at high speed yet?

once they start to wear bad they will make noise, then shake the steering wheel at high speed, then when they are bad enough it will vibrate at any speed.

hey guys, thanks for the replies. Well the noise produced by the tyres are beyond normal. When i had the stock rims wrapped in bridgestones it was silent (well much better then now).

however, i will be putting some toyo tyres on tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes. ill let u guys know.

thanks

beepee

nah, i dont think its the rims. the bloke seems to be very nice. highly doubt its the rims.

the tyres are pretty dodgy so, we'll see when i get new tyres tomorrow.

they were my rims! nothing is wrong with the rims it's the tyres! you can't expect too much when i've thrown in free tyres buddy! and they are pretty shaggered anyway and they are uni directional

btw make sure you make the right tyre choice! some tyres are more noiser than others

Edited by nos man

they were my rims! nothing is wrong with the rims it's the tyres! you can't expect too much when i've thrown in free tyres buddy! and they are pretty shaggered anyway and they are uni directional

btw make sure you make the right tyre choice! some tyres are more noiser than others

sorry about that buddy, just got me worrying. Yea I was intending that the tires is the cause of this drama; thus im getting new tyres tomorrow (Toyo Proxes: 235/40/18)

are they any good?

thanks

beepee

I get shocking road noise from the R1R's until they're warm.

I just limiter bash the car to take away the tyre noise. Works like a charm.

i find that the R1R's on my GTR are fairly quiet, i dont hear the tyres over my exhaust and the exhaust isnt overly loud.

even pushing hard around corners they wont make noise, they might make a slight noise when the car slides but nowhere near as loud as the last tires i had on before. Nankang and Marshall's

hey guys! good news.. i got a some toyo tyres and they made a massive different!

so I blame the dodgy tyres.

thanks everyone for your help, and an apology to nos_man didnt mean to accuse the rims.

thanks

beepee