SAU Community

Exhaust - Installation

Ezy03

Kakimoto ftw!

No guessing i had a kakimoto. Loved it! Nice and quiet pottering around with minimal drone and REALLY loud when WOT (e.g. my mates saying how loud and also good sounding it was when i overtake them).

Love the crackle on back off too.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fpr those that have bought a exhuast from us could you tell me the shipping cost you got qouted? :D

also would it be cheaper or any better getting these from japan?

Edited by ezy03

hey guys again. iv sorted this out - ExoticSpeed R1-T PWR Exhaust - heres a clip

just wondering what you guys think, and iv semi heard of exoticspeed, just wondering if anyone has any news to share about it

hey guys again. iv sorted this out - ExoticSpeed R1-T PWR Exhaust - heres a clip
just wondering what you guys think, and iv semi heard of exoticspeed, just wondering if anyone has any news to share about it

I think they are good, am also looking to get one if AUD continue to sore.

Finally got my exhaust fitted yesterday, was only an hour worth of labour so $75 (not mates rates).

Bit disappointed though, when you give it the beans it sounds insane but cruising it is dead silent. Maybe to do with our short gears? 1st - 3rd is vocal, anything above is nudda! Also defintely no drone what so ever, this would be the perfect alternative to the kakimoto regu system mentioned earlier.

Hmmm wonder what my fuel consumption would be cruising round in 3rd all day long :down:

Edited by TUFF_350

Finally got my exhaust fitted yesterday, was only an hour worth of labour so $75 (not mates rates).

Bit disappointed though, when you give it the beans it sounds insane but cruising it is dead silent. Maybe to do with our short gears? 1st - 3rd is vocal, anything above is nudda! Also defintely no drone what so ever, this would be the perfect alternative to the kakimoto regu system mentioned earlier.

Hmmm wonder what my fuel consumption would be cruising round in 3rd all day long :P

TuFF did you get the HKS Hi power ti exhaust?

TuFF did you get the HKS Hi power ti exhaust?

Yea with the burnt tips, the true dual system as they call it. I wouldnt worry about any negative attention, as i said its dead quiet and that includes idle etc.

Yea with the burnt tips, the true dual system as they call it. I wouldnt worry about any negative attention, as i said its dead quiet and that includes idle etc.

Really? that is a bit dissapointing lolz.... so at idle it doesnt even sound better than stock, but def no drone wen cruising? mite have to reconsider possibly getting this one too then :(

Really? that is a bit dissapointing lolz.... so at idle it doesnt even sound better than stock, but def no drone wen cruising? mite have to reconsider possibly getting this one too then :(

Ill admit my hearing probably isnt the best lol stupid clubs on the weekends! It is a touch louder then stock on idle, alot louder on cold start (obviously) but no drone what so ever on cruise.

Iv only done 10kms since it was installed so hopefully once i get a few 100 it will become deeper etc.

Yeah my fujitsubo + y pipe is the same, just as quiet as stock but louder in the higher RPM.

Can feel a difference in power in the mid range, and to a lesser extent high range,.. but yeah. woulda liked louder.

I suppose its the compromise we make though,

its considered a sports luxury car and i dont know too many that are loud and proud. On the otherhand, GTRs and in general other liners are

alot more vocal with an exhaust cos of the forced inductioness :D

Any of u guys try the HKS replicas in the U.S?

Also theres the exhaust called the ARK performance dual catback exhaust in the U.S. . It looks exactly like the HKS, but is dyno proven to be better wid no drone watsoeva. It also utilizes an x pipe rather than a y or h pipe. Its selling at a promotional price of $890 U.S. The normal retail price is round $1300 USD. I got quotted $1400 shipped to ma door if i get in rite now while the sale is on.

Heres the link:

http://g35driver.com/forums/exhaust-vendor...__________.html.

If thats too much just go for the ebay HKs clones which are around $700 shipped but have lot of drone and also nt sure bout the quality of the welding.

Any of u guys try the HKS replicas in the U.S?

Also theres the exhaust called the ARK performance dual catback exhaust in the U.S. . It looks exactly like the HKS, but is dyno proven to be better wid no drone watsoeva. It also utilizes an x pipe rather than a y or h pipe. Its selling at a promotional price of $890 U.S. The normal retail price is round $1300 USD. I got quotted $1400 shipped to ma door if i get in rite now while the sale is on.

Heres the link:

http://g35driver.com/forums/exhaust-vendor...__________.html.

If thats too much just go for the ebay HKs clones which are around $700 shipped but have lot of drone and also nt sure bout the quality of the welding.

That looks bang on the money for the HKS exhaust, i watched the vidz in the post.

That looks bang on the money for the HKS exhaust, i watched the vidz in the post.

Yea it does. Hks is bit ovapriced imo.

Its realy amazin how many replicas der r. If u go on youtube and type in cx racing, m2, xo2, or godspeed they all replicas oh hks. Sum sell for unda 300 usd on ebay.

On anoda note iv heard in the topspeed pro 1 exhaust is the loudest. But it drones like crazy.

not sure but iv read the borla has neg effects on power ( i cant remeber who did the dyno and the post on it - it was somewhere on the g35driver fourms) a few people were saying it was the worst sh.. (might have to find the link again) as for the 890 to 1400 shipped - thats a ripoff on shipping, ship shouldnt be 510, its like 199-300 maybe 400 max (pushing if anything over that)! - ps i got my exoticspeed r1-t pwr shipped should arrive on monday got it shipped for $199 (thats mufs,ti rolled tips, downpipe + i got the y pipe for free) not being bias but it looks sexy in the pics i cant wait till i see it.

hey guys i just got my exhaust today and wondering if any1 in syd could reccomend a place that would install it for a good price, ill post up pics of it for those who are interested later. its the exoticspeed r1-t pwr.