SAU Community

Whiteline Sway Bars

Just had my whiteline sway bars fitted today

For those of you who dont know the front bar has 2 levels of stiffness and the rear 3

I decided to have my front set to the softer setting and my rear to the middle setting

I did this because I didint want to have the front too stiff which = understeer and at the same time I didint want the rear to be too stiff = oversteer so I went for the middle setting

I know a couple of people on here have these bars fitted and I want to know what settings they have chosen and how they have affected the cars handling over stock

I don't have aftermarket sway bars but I thought I'd ask you anyway - I got told by a mate who's a mechanic that my car's stock front sway bar is pretty thick as it is and as such would be pretty good, so he didn't recommend an aftermarket sway bar.

I'm not too familiar with suspension mods, nonetheless, have you noticed a big difference overall compared to stock? Is there a notable decrease in body roll?

Apologies - I know I haven't answered your question but thought you'd be the best person to ask :happy:

Well it pretty much pissed down rain straigt after I picked the car up, so I havent had a chance to "push" the car although steering dose feel a bit more direct. I'll have a better idea when I take the car to the track next Wednesday

Had medium medium. (Yeah rear was two settings so not the soft setting).

Yeah the oem front bar is thickish but check out the weight of the v35.

Fair point, didn't think of that earlier :)

How do you find the difference? in terms of steering, body roll etc.

Just trying to toss up whether to get them or not.

Cheers

Depends on your driving. If you just potter around town then it won't be worth it as it will slightly increase bumpiness (resistance to independent suspension lateral movement) and will wear out other bushes quicker such as the endlinks.

If you are into tracking/driving spiritedly then yes they are worth it! On medium/medium i still found a fair bit of body roll (in touge) but moving to hard setting makes the car too skatey on bumps mid corner etc. You're going to need to do uprated shocks/springs along with the swaybars to start controlling the body roll of the V coupe whilst still maintaining some form of bump compliance/traction retention over bumps and whatnot (and a little roll is always good). Steering is pretty much the same, the V's steering isn't particularly communicative and the slight rack shake remains even with the bars fitted (come to think of it, the rack shake was reduced alot when i changed the wheels meaning tyres, tyre width and offset).

Overall for me they were definitely worth it due to the car seeing some touge and a fair bit of spirited driving and i was happy with the whiteline bars as they modified front and rear bar stiffness whereas some others only modify the rear stiffness by any meaningful amount e.g. from memory the nismo bars for the front had something +1% stiffness only or was it no change in stiffness even? The whiteline bars also came with urethane bushings to suit the increased OD size of the bars.

I didnt think that Whiteline made bars for V35 Coupes? I called them and said they only have for the Z33... although similar cars, I thought the chassis was a bit wider & longer on the V35s?

Where did you get yours?

If you check their website, they have swaybars for 07-08 Infiniti G35's. I know the Infiniti model was updated in 07 to include the HR engine, however, amongst the many cosmetic/drivetrain/suspension etc revisions, I don't think the chassis dimensions were changed though (correct me if I'm wrong). However that being said, the Z33 sway bar should fit the V35, I think the chassis was longer but not sure how much wider.

This suggests they fit: http://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspens...s-350z-g35.html

Yeah the oem front bar is thickish but check out the weight of the v35.

OEM is also hollow.

Selby's make adjustable sway bars for the M35 Stagea (which shares the same stock front sway bar as V35's, but not the rear) that have 3 points of adjustment and are solid, thus stronger.

I don' know if the whiteline bars are solid or hollow

When i called and ordered a set of whiteline adjustable swaybars for a z33 (to fit my v35, yes the z33 bars fit), they just ordered selby's bars in.

Far as i know, whiteline and selbys are tied in with each other somehow these days.

So to reiterate, i ordered a set of whiteline adjustable swaybars for a 350z, and the workshop brought in a set of selby's and it fitted my v35 perfectly.

OEM is also hollow.

I don' know if the whiteline bars are solid or hollow

Solid. Bought a set that I never fitted: the new owner took them ( still in packaging) as part of the sale of my V. Looked to be a pretty well engineered piece of kit, but my mech said they're tricky to fit. However, once in, apparently they give significant handling improvement... 2nd hand info as far as fitting is concerned, so don't take that as gospel...

I was told that fitting the front one was a bit of a bitch to do by my workshop guy, the rear was easy enough though

Just for reference (and no thread-hijack intended), but who do you use? Gold Coast 4wd and Performance in Nerang is my grease-monkey of choice, and he (Ben) is damn good, just in case anyone on the Gold Coast is looking for a decent mechanic. For the record, I am a full-price-paying customer, and have no affiliation outside of mechanical work, but I'm always looking at my options...

Well guys went to the track today times were pretty much the same except understeer was more noticeable this caused vdc to kick in slowing the car down. This may have had something to do with the fact my front tyres were not far off the ware markers and were looking rather shagged after the session. The front left copped it pretty bad with vdc grabbing it's break every time I went around a right hand corner/sweeper which is most of the corners at qr. I'm going to get some sticky tyrers for the front which should be able to cope with the stiffer sway bars. Btw my quicker times were with vdc off

Get rid of that vdc shiz! Unplug the power to the ABS unit next time you track it.

Any upgrade in suspension will usually demand better tires if your tires are crap to start with. It's not till you start using good stuff that you can then start customising your sussy/setup to suit personal preference.

Get rid of that vdc shiz! Unplug the power to the ABS unit next time you track it.

Any upgrade in suspension will usually demand better tires if your tires are crap to start with. It's not till you start using good stuff that you can then start customising your sussy/setup to suit personal preference.

Im keen to send whiteline a e-mail to find out if their black box VDC controller can be made to work with our V35s, from what iv read it works for the 350z track which is a 6 speed

I'v also decided to buy a pair of 18"s for the front and to get some R compound tyres, im thinking that 245 40R 18 should do the trick

Im rather happy with the way the Federal 595 RPMs behaved so at the moment im not going to bother getting a pair of 18's for the rear, The RPMs seemed to grip rather well although I could still kick the back end out if I wanted to but it required me to floor it and was only realy possible on the hairpin before the front straight. With the old KU19s it didint take much to get the inside wheel to light up around any corner. When I get the quaife diff installed this should help the rear end even more

If you check their website, they have swaybars for 07-08 Infiniti G35's. I know the Infiniti model was updated in 07 to include the HR engine, however, amongst the many cosmetic/drivetrain/suspension etc revisions, I don't think the chassis dimensions were changed though (correct me if I'm wrong). However that being said, the Z33 sway bar should fit the V35, I think the chassis was longer but not sure how much wider.

This suggests they fit: http://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspens...s-350z-g35.html

Nice... Music to my ears. Thanks mate. Time to upgrade! :ermm:

In my posts earlier in this thread, it mentions i bought 350z swaybars for my v35 and they fitted perfectly..

The V feels good after sways, shocks springs/coilovers and wider f/r track with good rubber. It'll never be a handling monster but it does pretty well with those mods.