SAU Community

Anybody Want Talk About Fuel Consumption ?

burnh

after one afternoon research, I got some information about skyline is Fuel Consumption as below, it looks the same 350GT has a good economic Fuel Consumption control as 250GT,how ever driving 350GT is more intresting and handsome, does it make sense?

Nissan Skyline 350GT Type P V35

City: 10.4 l/100km

Road: 6.5 l/100km

Mixt: 8 l/100km

Nissan Skyline 250GT V25

Nissan Skyline 350GT Type P V35

This can't be right.

The new 370GT Type S V 36 coupe with 5 speed auto will give you around 9 liters per 100K on the freeway if you are careful. Suburban driving with all the stop starts at lights etc returns more like 12.5 liters per 100K

Average in mine is 8.5 KM per liter as displayed by the car trip computer (11.7 liters per 100K). And that is without driving hard.

why buy a 350gt if your concerned about fuel economy :P

there's a whole thread on this and just about all v35 owners gave their input ...results vary from 3km/l to 12km/l with a majority sitting around the 7.5 - 8.5km/l mark

dont know bout the 250gt ?? maybe the smaller capacity struggles a bit with the weight of the car ...hence same fuel consumption

why buy a 350gt if your concerned about fuel economy :devil:

there's a whole thread on this and just about all v35 owners gave their input ...results vary from 3km/l to 12km/l with a majority sitting around the 7.5 - 8.5km/l mark

dont know bout the 250gt ?? maybe the smaller capacity struggles a bit with the weight of the car ...hence same fuel consumption

yes, you have some points, but I just feel about it, using higher level gearbox can drop fuel usage, I've heared some Jap engines do have a tech call'stop' it can auto close some "V" on some situation

Edited by burnh

Who really cares about fuel consumption?

Honestly, if you do, then go buy a Prius or better still, get a mountain bike.

If you have to watch your fuel consumption, then either get a better paying job or stop fooling yourself by living beyond your means.

Who really cares about fuel consumption?

Honestly, if you do, then go buy a Prius or better still, get a mountain bike.

If you have to watch your fuel consumption, then either get a better paying job or stop fooling yourself by living beyond your means.

by that reasoning, shouldn't you be driving something that makes a bit more power and consumes more fuel than a boring old 3.5L N/A? :)

some people actually care to categorise a V-series car as a regular passenger car, so things like fuel economy, in cabin noise etc are actual deciding factors.

I'll bite...

Real world 250GT consumption:

100% open road - best I've seen is 10.73km/l

40% motorway/60% city - around 9.3km/l

Absolute worst in 3 years of owning it was 8.3km/l - but more usually closer to the 9.3km/l.

The numbers the OP put up don't make sense - or at least not in the real world where the bigger the engine the more likely you are to use the extra cc's!

03 350GT Manual 24,xxx kms

Highway driving (goldcoast to Bris) 90km = 7.7L Manual (no cruise control)

35mpg

7.71 per 100km

12km per L

approx 680km per tank

Have not got figures for city driving but that 90km makes the needle go from the that top bar on the fuel meter to the bottle of the top bar.

Driving city i can see it at the bottom of that top bar at 50-60km so 40km per 100km less with city driving...

by that reasoning, shouldn't you be driving something that makes a bit more power and consumes more fuel than a boring old 3.5L N/A? :)

some people actually care to categorise a V-series car as a regular passenger car, so things like fuel economy, in cabin noise etc are actual deciding factors.

You're a member of this club and you say 'boring old 3.5L N/A'? :laugh:

Your reasoning, while entertaining, is way off the mark. Yes fuel consumption is no issue for me, however I choose cars based on designs I like such as the V35/V36.

So if in the future I see a V8 I like, then I'll be in it, high fuel consumption or not.

Anyway, whats the savings going to be if you choose a more fuel efficient car, $20 or $30 a week?

i got crappy consumption =(.

5.9km per L.

But then it spreads out to 6.5-7 when i drive nicely.

city diving by the way. I mean CBD lower north shore eastern suburbs etc

Anyways i can improve it mechanically? or jst take it easy on the accelerator

2004 350gt auto coupe

Edited by jawrgy

thats interesting burnh ....didnt realise the 250gt was actually just a 4 speed...that would explain the fuel consumption.

also i do agree that ppl buy cars with fuel consumption being a deciding factor....i'm still kicking myself for buying the missus a holden craptiva

but u got to compare apples with apples....so the 350gt consumption is in line with a holden commodore or ford with the same capacity.