SAU Community

Brake Pads Disintegrating

handbrake

went out for an afternoon track session today at QR

have had the ME20 Pads in for 1 full and 3 half track days.

have been brutal on them the last 2 times out on the national circuit.

was about to head back out for the second afternoon session when a pair of black lines and some large 50c pieces of the pad material fell from the trailing edge of the backing plates of both front pads

The last inspection of the pads prior to the last half track day showed no cracking of the pad material and reasonable pad thickness.

gallery_56949_3979_457111.jpg

Endless W003 is the compound we use at Mallala - which is harder on brakes than QR - and no problems :D

went out for an afternoon track session today at QR

have had the ME20 Pads in for 1 full and 3 half track days.

have been brutal on them the last 2 times out on the national circuit.

was about to head back out for the second afternoon session when a pair of black lines and some large 50c pieces of the pad material fell from the trailing edge of the backing plates of both front pads

The last inspection of the pads prior to the last half track day showed no cracking of the pad material and reasonable pad thickness.

gallery_56949_3979_457111.jpg

Mark,

you've had a lot of rain up there recently, do you recall and instances where pads have bound to rotor (say overnight or if the car sits idle for a long period after rain?) you would hear/feel a noticable crack when you first move the car, or the car wouldnt move until you give it some throttle. I have a theory this happens a lot, and weakens the pad material, which then cakes off. Anyway, just a thought. I've never used ME20's, just the ccRG's (they have been fine).

Paul stokell diver training

I got a whole 15 min of drive time. :laugh:

Saw your car on the trialer heading out there! Looking very good :) It was the highlight of an otherwise pointless morning spent walking around in the bushes beside the cunniham highway lol

Saw your car on the trialer heading out there! Looking very good :D It was the highlight of an otherwise pointless morning spent walking around in the bushes beside the cunniham highway lol

So its you flashing passing motorists. :whistling:

How so Mark, Was there A lot of lecture time etc, or just too many peeps ?

Nah Noel I missed the first session as i was late from work and then the pads went after my first session out.

Didn't take a spare set of pads so called it a day.

Saw your car on the trialer heading out there! Looking very good It was the highlight of an otherwise pointless morning spent walking around in the bushes beside the cunniham highway lol

hope you weren't throwing rocks at it from one of the overpases!

Thanks,

Are u going to pirelli day on the 20th?

I might do those next year Drew. next track outings

- Lakeside 31st Oct (first time out there, really looking forward to it)

- QR 23rd Nov Round 6 Ruzic time attack series

Edited by handbrake