SAU Community

Roof Light Doesnt Turn On

Owens

Not sure what has caused this as it's always been like this since I bought the car so has me a little stumped.

Currently the the roof light doesn't turn on when the passenger door opens. The driver's side door is fine though.

I have ruled out a faulty door button by taking it out, disconnected the single wire attached to it and pressing the wire tip directly onto the door frame, still didn't work.

Has anyone else had a similar problem to this or could offer any more tips to try?

Cheers.

Have you checked for +12V at the wire (use a multimeter)? The wiring is probably broken somewhere.

I just put the multimeter on and got a reading of +11.59V.

Even more stumped now :D lol

not sure if this is any help, but i had a problem with my interior light and it turned out to be a pinched wire, if your interior trim has ever been taken off, (and subsequentally put back on), the interior light wires can get caught/crushed/pinched/cut and cause all sorts of wierd problems.

See that did cross my mind at first as well, but I don't think that's the case as I'm getting a reading of +11.59V from the wire.

Thanks for pointing that out anyways :)

You need a wiring diagram and find out the pin for the passenger door button and test the continuity of the wire to make sure it doesnt have excessive resistance or it has gone open circuit to the computer or bcm i am not sure if they have a bcm but what ever actuates the interior light.