SAU Community

Neo Thermostat Installation

Conrad 2NR

A friend of mine is trying to install a thermostat designed for the NEO (PN: 21200-V7205) in my series 2 RB25DET and so far he has managed to crack two of the housings when tightening.

Is the R34 thermostat housing different and therefore necessary to install the thermo?

Is there a "ring" or washer that is supposed to be used when installing the thermostat?

i'm not sure if they are different, but it may be that your mate either isn't sitting the thermostat in properly, or is putting the thermostat in backwards. maybe take some pics of how he is putting it in and post them up here.

Not a good idea to use a NEO thermostat as they open @ 82c (cooling system at about 88-92ish celcius) while the genuine non-NEO opens @ 76.5c (cooling system at about 80-84ish celcius), NEOs by design like to run alittle hotter which is why they have the different thermostat.

Not a good idea to use a NEO thermostat as they open @ 82c (cooling system at about 88-92ish celcius) while the genuine non-NEO opens @ 76.5c (cooling system at about 80-84ish celcius), NEOs by design like to run alittle hotter which is why they have the different thermostat.

Thanks for the advice.

What's your take on running it with a larger aftermarket aluminum rad?