SAU Community

Fpv Tornado Or Holden Ss-v Redline Utes

macdog

Looking at getting either a FPV tornado 2008 model or a Holden SS-V redline ute Brand new.

what do you guys reckon?

I'm more leaning towards the FPV, does anyone know if it's possible to get the old soft torneau with the outside rigging on the holden?

I've heard the holden's handle much better... but I'm not sure.

ive driven both and the ford is better for daily driving but the holden is more fun to drive hard.

the power feels alot more effortless in the holdens and much better traction but they are ugly as shit. (in my opinion)

the ford feels like its struggling higher in the rev range but looks better.

i vote holden for driving and ford for cruising.

ive driven both and the ford is better for daily driving but the holden is more fun to drive hard.

the power feels alot more effortless in the holdens and much better traction but they are ugly as shit. (in my opinion)

the ford feels like its struggling higher in the rev range but looks better.

i vote holden for driving and ford for cruising.

hmmm, good points. That's the other thing, the holden doesn't look as good. What about an older Maloo ute? 2007 model? I can't stand the look of the new ones, too much shit on the front with led lights and bonnet holes. The FPV is a lot simpler on the outside, which I like.

It depends what you use the vehicle for?

My suggestion would be to go for the SS-V Redline Series 2. IMO they are a much better looking car. One of my friends is a brand-new car salesman for Holden and they just look so much better....interior is sexy too.

Yeah I bet, What's it like on Fuel? do you fill it with premium?

thanks.

Yes I fill it with premium, yes it guzzles. With e10, more pumps have 95 for working and commuting. I owned an lsx powered vehicle prior. It is not any difference in fuel cost. Fuel is a minor price compared to purchase and depreciation at this level. Usability, Running costs and fun are great compared to a euro. I'd recommend a demonstrater or low k to save some dollars. Most FPV dealers will drop prices to move stock. I find a lot boils down to the individual dealership. I didn't want a Ford at the time but the local Holden was doing my "trades worth nothing" stuff, and seemed much dodgier over warranty. After the F6, I've never missed a V8, they are smooth and powerful like a V12 at times!

Edited by WHITE gtt

It's quite simple. They both got nothing on skylines. So buy a nissan instead of throwing your money away. Nah it's just like syfon said, it depends on what you want the car to do for you.

hahaha If only the nissan stagea came in ute form right?

Find me one of those and I'll buy it.

will go for a test drive later this week... I owned a Ford XR6 a while ago, thought it was good for the money. does anyone know if the holden is capable of having the hook points on the outside of the tray for the soft Tornau??? Because when i owned the old Ford that was the best thing about it... i've seen the new soft tornau's and how they latch up on the inside personally i think the older ones are better.

just buy a stagea and chop the top half of the arse end off. Might be worth looking into. If ya did a good job i recon it would look pretty mean!

Just sold the Stag a few months ago... it would cost a shitload i reckon.

E85 is good, but it doesn't really bother me in terms of how much fuel will be because i can claim it all through the business.

I've been told the holden handles a lot better than the fpv, but i'm not convinced on the look... plus ford is bringing out a new v8 supercharged engine..