SAU Community

Moving To Nz

Angus Smart

Hey

I have a friend moving to Nz in Jan, Hamilton to be exact and it looking to get into motorsport more. hence the move...

hes looking at buying a car while over there to track and daily drive,

Civic type r, sprinter, 200sx or similar. where would be a good place to start looking other than trademenz..

import yard links would be nice or similar..

Thanks in advance..

its not that bad lol. keep your eyes on trademe.co.nz, might be worth importing one himself and meeting it over here???? we are close to several tracks, pukekohe and hampton downs, they are both under an hour away. then you got taupo, thats a couple of hours, been there a few times in my bros 2004 sti spec c, its a good track. it would be a great time for him to look now, especially as the AUD is very strong. youll find there are a lot more japas over here and the prices are quite good and our modifying rules arnt anywhere near as strict as you guys. let me know if you need any help with anything.

I think you will find our cars are shitier and over priced compared to what you can get in australia, I've been on a few aussie sites equivalent to our nz trademe site and have found almost all the cars are cheaper and look a lot better than what we have on offer here haha.

• 2 weeks later...

www.trademe.co.nz Avoid cars with lots of mods as i can guarantee if its a young guy hes thrashed the fk out of it (its what boy racers do over here, heaps of skids).

We have import laws now, older cars are banned from being registered on our roads... that doesn't matter if its a race car tho or 20+ years old.

you can also go to:

www.autotrader.co.nz

Edited by R34 -_-

• 1 month later...

www.trademe.co.nz Avoid cars with lots of mods as i can guarantee if its a young guy hes thrashed the fk out of it (its what boy racers do over here, heaps of skids).

We have import laws now, older cars are banned from being registered on our roads... that doesn't matter if its a race car tho or 20+ years old.

you can also go to:

www.autotrader.co.nz

i just came back agin from wnganui after 2 years for work in west aussie. we have better variety of cars but thrshed to all f**k by youngns. i brought mine over.

moving to hamilton from aus.. now that sounds fun

nah i meant i moved over to oz again for work. ive been ere before and im originally from wanganui near palmerston north. lol

Edited by nismokid

• 2 months later...

I think you will find our cars are shitier and over priced compared to what you can get in australia, I've been on a few aussie sites equivalent to our nz trademe site and have found almost all the cars are cheaper and look a lot better than what we have on offer here haha.

Wtf you on? Sorry to dig up an old post, but our cars are shit cheap compared to Aus.

When I had my R34, I paid 6K for it in Japan and had it on the road in NZ for just over 7K... Look in Aus and R34's are stupid expensive.

We have alot better cars here, alot more allowances for mods, etc.

Btw, hi brock

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...