SAU Community

r r33 srs1 & srs2 turbos same

SEARCH!! (try forced induction)

god damn, i'm gonna make up a friggin banner for everytime i have to say this..broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record..

Edit: w00t! i made an icon for occasions like this

searchkitty.gif

I will tell the dudes then. I was once a dumb turd too.

Yeah they are different, the series 1 turbos have ceramic turbines and the series 2 have plastic turbines. Means that the series 2 turbos are able to spool up a little faster, but they are weaker cos they are plastic.

If thats all u need to know, then there u go, but if not, the USE THE SEARCH

King is wrong. Have a look at this thread about me blowing up a S2 turbo, pics are towards the bottom of the page - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=33696

It is complete with pictures of the turbo compressor wheels from both a S1 and S2 turbo. Both have a ceramic exhaust wheel. The S1 turbo has a single blade compressor wheel whilst the S2 turbo has a twin bladed compressor wheel.

not sure - haven't had a chance to drive mine much since I fitted the new turbo as i got shipped up to a minesite.. :P

but I'd imagine the s2 is better.. you'd think anyway.. it won't be a fair comparison from mine as my s2 was pretty shagged to begin with...

king was almost there. from what i have have seen...

s1 - ceramic exhaust wheel, steel intake wheel with single fin design

s2 (what i have in my R32) - ceramic exhaust wheel, nylon intake wheel with twin fin design

the later turbo seems to be designed to pick up boost earlier. may not be as strong but i'm not sure