SAU Community

Sticker Translation

ssjTitan

Hi Guys I was giving my engine bay a quick clean today and noticed this sticker:

IMG_2162.jpg

I realise that the 1st 2 lines say something along the lines of "replace timing belt at 100,000kms" or something like that.

What I want to know is what the third line says?

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

It is the kilometers at which the belt was last changed

After the ¨km¨ are _ year and _ month

A more literal translation for the 3rd line before the ¨km¨ is:

交換

exhange

time

go

run

distance

I am quite sure about the words for distance and exchange and I know the meanings of the go, run, time kanji but I am not sure if they actually make another word as I cant find a great translation, something like running time I think. So overall I think a decent translation would be something like: time and distance traveled when last exchanged.

Edited by *LOACH*

I received that sticker with my genuine Nissan timing belt - so yeah - translations make sense to me :(

... Certainly, I guessed and filled it in as they've confirmed.

Thanks guys, much appreciated... haha I just had my 100,000kms service done and they changed the belt then as well.

No worries

That sucks that you had to pay for a belt replacement you didn't need but better safe than sorry. Unless you got it done for free under a warranty or something in which case, :P

No worries

That sucks that you had to pay for a belt replacement you didn't need but better safe than sorry. Unless you got it done for free under a warranty or something in which case, :D

Haha nah unfortunately i had to pay for the replacement. oh well. :P

yeh i was not sure if my car had its 100,000 k service but it had a sticker on the air filter cover that looks like that but i have the neo cover they normally put it on the timing belt cover if it is done in japan i think they do them around 80.000 ks to be sure so yours has been done twice now