SAU Community

1978 C210

hcg210

Your good company Mate, i owned 2 R30,s they are such a beautiful car, i really missed them when i sold them.

there is a guy here who has a 1983 coupe he was a member of the nissan datsun sports owners club.

it has the l20 turbo and if i recall under 100.000kms

i know his first name Steve i think he was looking to sell it.

its good this forum ''US MELLOW gentlemen"" I hope you like that need to pass our knowledge to the young

H

61 now thats 61 young.. as for me well im 14 years away from you in reverse gear.

But, hey i bet you can still give me a good hiding at the racetrack.

we can eat the same dirt.

Remember oily rags still smell the same.

Its a pleasure to know you, more strength to you.

Kindest regards

Mario.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha with my 210, i gave up on trying to do burnouts pretty quickly as power is non-existant. One night in a quiet industrial estate with the boys i joined the drift train and managed some pretty decent 80km/h entries! but the exit end of the drift was fkn hairy as there is about 10 degrees play in the steering wheel. I rejoined the audience for health and safety reasons.

loosen the rego plates so if you end up in someones bedroom rip off the rego plates a ''RUN to mums house and if mums not there go to aunties

house instead!

Your good company Mate, i owned 2 R30,s they are such a beautiful car, i really missed them when i sold them.

there is a guy here who has a 1983 coupe he was a member of the nissan datsun sports owners club.

it has the l20 turbo and if i recall under 100.000kms

i know his first name Steve i think he was looking to sell it.

its good this forum ''US MELLOW gentlemen"" I hope you like that need to pass our knowledge to the young

H

The only Steve I can think of is Ravenoak. He has a grey DR30 for sale with 57000k on the dial and he is looking for about $15000.00 for his car. He would cry if he found out how much I was recently offered for his old car, now one of my PNV's, because it was a lot more than he wants for his DR.

D

The only Steve I can think of is Ravenoak. He has a grey DR30 for sale with 57000k on the dial and he is looking for about $15000.00 for his car. He would cry if he found out how much I was recently offered for his old car, now one of my PNV's, because it was a lot more than he wants for his DR.

D

leave it with me i will find out and get back to you.

Mario

Its the steve that was at the Skyline Nationals in Adelaide, the guy who was MEANT to get the award instead of Rob

White HR30 Coupe, series 1, honeycomb grille, aftermarket JDM gold mesh rims. Very very very original.... (no lpg, aftermarket turbo, csa rims, seats, haltec ecu, king springs, commodore brakes... all %100 standard...)

hahaha i'd like to see standard C210 drifting, i find theres just too much understeer.

I always keep funny business to the wet now if that, just don'tt want to cause a lot of damage to car.

And how do we fix it?

Mine suffers terribly from under steer. I'm keen to get out on the skid pan at eastern creek but need to be able to point it in the general direction I want to go. I think an LSD would help.

D

No crying here D, you have done a great job bringing it back to its former glory. Although it was in good nick with me you have taken it to a higher level after a few years of other less than caring owners.

Take the offer, I am kicking myself now I didnt take the $20k I got offered in 2007 after it won best classic in the SAU Sydney show.

In any event all my tears flowed out long ago when I think what my old XY GT and SLR5000 would now be worth....

And how do we fix it?

Mine suffers terribly from under steer. I'm keen to get out on the skid pan at eastern creek but need to be able to point it in the general direction I want to go. I think an LSD would help.

I think an lsd would make it much worse, both tyres putting power to the ground.

Wider rubber perhaps?

Do you feel the same pain when u put your foot down going round a roundabout and the front just keeps going straight?

I think an lsd would make it much worse, both tyres putting power to the ground.

Wider rubber perhaps?

Do you feel the same pain when u put your foot down going round a roundabout and the front just keeps going straight?

Oh the pain, side stepped the clutch in 2nd on a quiet roundabout and I think I had oversteer and understeer at the same time, was strange, may have just been the body roll :P

Your probably right about the rubber currently rolling taxi spec tyres, LSD would be good for a wet skid pan. At least you know when the tail dose step out its not going to be a half assed effort.

C210: when you don't know if your sliding or if it's just body roll.

Definitely been there before with the whole thing when it under and over steers at the same?

What tyres you running atm? mines 195/65/14 pretty sure

Its the steve that was at the Skyline Nationals in Adelaide, the guy who was MEANT to get the award instead of Rob

White HR30 Coupe, series 1, honeycomb grille, aftermarket JDM gold mesh rims. Very very very original.... (no lpg, aftermarket turbo, csa rims, seats, haltec ecu, king springs, commodore brakes... all %100 standard...)

mmmmmmmmmm How 100% standard with after market JDM gold mesh rims ?????????

Steven King is who you're refering to then.

And it's widely agreed it was a monumental stuff up by the "human error factor" of organisers, that that particular award went to the wrong place.

I don't know that Steven's car should have got the award or not, as there were a number of things that let the car down and in the same class was a blue MR30 hatch that I thought might have deserved it just as much.

Is he trying to sell his car?????

Cheers, D

stephen king, thats his name your right mate it is him,

I used to know the guy who bought that car he now owns out from Japan his name was Ivan

he sold that car through shannons auctions in Melbourne. Stephen bought it.

I think he is trying to sell it

Oh the pain, side stepped the clutch in 2nd on a quiet roundabout and I think I had oversteer and understeer at the same time, was strange, may have just been the body roll ;)

Your probably right about the rubber currently rolling taxi spec tyres, LSD would be good for a wet skid pan. At least you know when the tail dose step out its not going to be a half assed effort.

i think that is a broad-slide? i remember in my first car which was a c210 sedan, i had really awesome tyres on the front and shit ones on the back at all times. it would always hang the ass out way before it would understeer. so maybe some good quality wide rubber on the front will help you out! oh and LSD for the win.

have a c210/211 Q. was the r200 fitted to this model? l20et?

jon.

The c211 incorporated the LSD Diff in April 1980, but in Japan it was an option for the c211,

it was used for the turbo model only for that car the c210 did not have one, but im sure the young guys fitted them anyway,

it wasn;t factory fitted as they had no turbos.

Cheers