SAU Community

V36 Coupe Stable At High Speed?

Hi,

I'm a previous 2006 V35 SP (sport & premium model) owner who just had an accident last June and have recently bought a 2008 V36 coupe in october (base model with nav, rear and side camera). After a month of driving the V36, i can't help but feel that V35 is much more stable at high speed cruising than V36. Not sure if it has something to do with the sport package in my old V35 (sport tuned suspension & VLSD) helping with its stability or its just my trauma from the accident :D . Am i alone in this or have any other people feels the same way?

Edited by WeezzerR_1405

Get a bodykit and a wing :D

Nah...would like to keep it mod clean for a little while. I may change the wing though as the factory chrome wings aren't my style. Also, i forgot to mention, there are wind noise when i reach 160km/h above....is that normal? don't remember that in my V35. :)

Edited by WeezzerR_1405

Nah...would like to keep it mod clean for a little while. I may change the wing though as the factory chrome wings aren't my style. Also, i forgot to mention, there are wind noise when i reach 160km/h above....is that normal? don't remember that in my V35. :D

If it's stable at speeds up to about 120-130 and you aren't doing track work then why worry about wind noises above those speeds? Unless you frequently hit 160km/h+, which in that case I wouldn't be worried about the wind noises so much as the other noises (and lights) coming from behind U :)

Edited by diabolique

have you had it checekd by a mechanic for acident sighns?

i may have been in a minor crash and fixed up and sold, this would mean that the crash has made it unstable.

usualy a good mechanic or panel beater can tell if the car has been resprayed or had parts replaced.

i may have been in a minor crash and fixed up and sold, this would mean that the crash has made it unstable.

usualy a good mechanic or panel beater can tell if the car has been resprayed or had parts replaced.

Very true, my Uncle who worked in a dealership in Sydney saw a V35 at his mate's panel beating business which actually had part of the chassis welded together :P Was probably in an accident in Japan and well...that's the risk we run of owning imports :P

Hi,

I'm a previous 2006 V35 SP (sport & premium model) owner who just had an accident last June and have recently bought a 2008 V36 coupe in october (base model with nav, rear and side camera). After a month of driving the V36, i can't help but feel that V35 is much more stable at high speed cruising than V36. Not sure if it has something to do with the sport package in my old V35 (sport tuned suspension & VLSD) helping with its stability or its just my trauma from the accident :P . Am i alone in this or have any other people feels the same way?

Hi WeezzerR

I am a new forum member with a V36 Sport (auto with nav, rear and side camera). There are some suspension & brake differences between the V36 Base and Sport/SP models, perhaps this is the difference you notice??

One thing I did notice when I test drove various cars, was the difference the tyres made (noise - handling - etc). Maybe this is what you are feeling, or else there are other differences which I naively put down to tyres! This 'difference' was enough to make me determined to buy a S or an SP model with 19inch wheels.

I have no experience with any of the previous series; but mine seems rock-solid at speed (so far!!!!)

When you say 'high speed cruising' do you mean at speeds approaching where the Limiter cuts in ? Can you please contact me if you have 'dealt' with the limiter issue - as I haven't yet & it seems that V36s are different in this respect to the V35s and other models.

Peter (Melb.)

If it's stable at speeds up to about 120-130 and you aren't doing track work then why worry about wind noises above those speeds? Unless you frequently hit 160km/h+, which in that case I wouldn't be worried about the wind noises so much as the other noises (and lights) coming from behind U ;)

From where i came from...chances of speed traps or police at highways (where i usually drive at that speed for long periods) is close to zero!..so yeah...hopefully that won't change..hahah..

that wind noise is usually the side mirrors, if u dont like it u can fold them in.

thanks for the suggestion..tried that but still the same..i think the wind-noise is more of wind entering through the driver-side door...so the side mirrors is not the problem :)

check on it....at least from what my mechanic & the dealer said..there was no sign of accident..cant be to sure though...

there are wind noise when i reach 160km/h above....is that normal? don't remember that in my V35. sad.gif

LOL... just lol :P

as i mention above..i don't really mind wind-noise..of course its normal to hear wind-noise at high-speed...but this one is different..wind is actually entering the cabin from the driver-side window causing 'LOUD' wind noise and also caused the car to swerve to the right a lil bit during high-speed which is totally dangerous...

tell us what happened to the V35?

rainy day..driving at 90++km/hh...hit a slight water pool on the road..lose 100% traction on front tyres...car wont respond to direction of steering...brake caused the car to slip....and there is my story...:D

Hi WeezzerR

I am a new forum member with a V36 Sport (auto with nav, rear and side camera). There are some suspension & brake differences between the V36 Base and Sport/SP models, perhaps this is the difference you notice??

One thing I did notice when I test drove various cars, was the difference the tyres made (noise - handling - etc). Maybe this is what you are feeling, or else there are other differences which I naively put down to tyres! This 'difference' was enough to make me determined to buy a S or an SP model with 19inch wheels.

I have no experience with any of the previous series; but mine seems rock-solid at speed (so far!!!!)

When you say 'high speed cruising' do you mean at speeds approaching where the Limiter cuts in ? Can you please contact me if you have 'dealt' with the limiter issue - as I haven't yet & it seems that V36s are different in this respect to the V35s and other models.

Peter (Melb.)

haven't tried to do the speed-cut for this car yet...will be soon though as soon as i can find a way to stabilised the car first...i was thinking sway bars...tuned suspension...and some difussers (like the one underneath my V35)..tyres/rims will be my last resort though...thanks for the advice...will try it out...

I've been testing the car again after i posted here...as mentioned above..i can pinpoint the problem being more of the 'wind entering the cabin from driver window) making the car feel unstable...for me at least...maybe its also due to the tyre 'tracking' issues considering the bad road conditions here....i'll update once i fix that window sealant problem and maybe a firmer suspension...:)

ive maxed my friends 370GT and it feels just as solid as my 350GT, its actually even quieter then the 350GT....look into it being in a crash.

OR

DIY Front Splitter!!

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/australia/17...t-splitter.html

i don't think im handy enough to do that...:O

Edited by WeezzerR_1405

Ive got a 2009 sedan, and no wind noise in cabin and stable at speed. Its stable even with the windows down. You sure its not due to something like a wheel alignment?

I also tested a 2007 V36 sedan. It was noisier inside, but not due to wind noise getting onto cabin. I dont think they have as much insulation in the doors?

From where i came from...chances of speed traps or police at highways (where i usually drive at that speed for long periods) is close to zero!

as i mention above..i don't really mind wind-noise..of course its normal to hear wind-noise at high-speed...but this one is different..wind is actually entering the cabin from the driver-side window causing 'LOUD' wind noise and also caused the car to swerve to the right a lil bit during high-speed which is totally dangerous...

haven't tried to do the speed-cut for this car yet...will be soon though as soon as i can find a way to stabilised the car first...i was thinking sway bars...tuned suspension...and some difussers (like the one underneath my V35)..tyres/rims will be my last resort though...thanks for the advice...will try it out...

I've been testing the car again after i posted here...as mentioned above..i can pinpoint the problem being more of the 'wind entering the cabin from driver window) making the car feel unstable...for me at least...maybe its also due to the tyre 'tracking' issues considering the bad road conditions here....i'll update once i fix that window sealant problem and maybe a firmer suspension...:blush:

Your comment about " swerve to the right a lil bit " has me worried!!! :D

A quick and easy tip would be to get the front wheels individually balanced to the highest speed that your tyre shop can manage - the rims are very vulnerable to gutter damage. If it fixes the problem, good - if it doesn't, you havent really lost anything but a few bucks and you can move to the next thing.

I was looking through the US Infiniti site and found that there is an easy adjuster for door window height. Hopefully we have the same thing on our JDM cars. Has your car had a door window tint film fitted after-market? Perhaps the tint installer mucked up the window height.

(from US site)

When u open the door right next to the switch that lets ur car know the door is closed there is a screw,

if you turn that open the door window will go up to the max up position.

the screw is located directly below the button on door jam, turned it 1/4 turn CCW and the window fully closed

PS: keep us posted if/when you sort out the speed limiter

Peter (Melb)

(from US site)

When u open the door right next to the switch that lets ur car know the door is closed there is a screw,

if you turn that open the door window will go up to the max up position.

the screw is located directly below the button on door jam, turned it 1/4 turn CCW and the window fully closed

PS: keep us posted if/when you sort out the speed limiter

Peter (Melb)

Thanks..Tried the screw and the window finally goes all the way up...and that fixed my wind noise issue..need to do more test though :D

About the speed limiter..i tried using my old speed delimiter (HKS FSC) on the V35 to my new V36...does not work..searching the net ever since if there is any other bypass method..so far only ECU reflash can get rid of that.. :rofl: ..will update if i do find other ways though..

Edited by WeezzerR_1405

I've hit the speed limiter on the straightaways at wakefield & oran park (when it was still open)

in a straight line there shouldn't be any issues with stability

in addition to what others have mentioned, try getting a wheel alignment as well, might help

P.S I have an SP & the stock sport suspension is woeful in the corners, too much understeer then oversteer kicks in. I installed hotchkis swaybars & the car is an entirely different beast ie; how it should have handled stock

Thanks..Tried the screw and the window finally goes all the way up...and that fixed my wind noise issue..need to do more test though :banana:

About the speed limiter..i tried using my old speed delimiter (HKS FSC) on the V35 to my new V36...does not work..searching the net ever since if there is any other bypass method..so far only ECU reflash can get rid of that.. :) ..will update if i do find other ways though..

Yes - those 'sway bars' are well spoken off on the US Infiniti board. When I get used to my car I might get a set myself.

With regard to the Delimiter - I found a Korean site that advertises one for the 370 series engine. There is a YouTube video to prove(!!) their claims.

Check out:

http://www.0motors.co.kr

[ this is a crappy Google translation ]

Infiniti SL, C (Speed Limit Cancler) released!

Young-hsd-one suspension helped us your response Many thanks

This is the second product released SLC.Infiniti

at the end of a long research and development have raised the limit for the best and has been successful in commercialization.

Currently being marketed in Japan, the products of the parent company, but some problems were found

Young munjejeomdeuleulgo complement our product and fix all the best products have been released.

This product is the name of the SLC (Speed Limit Canceler), and followed the vehicle wiring myeotgadakman simply turns off if the speed limit from the development of manufacturing, from production to 100 percent confident that the Republic of Korea domestic technology ^ _ ^ Product column for details INFINITI items are.

I found this on another site (Genesis) where they refer to the price.

They want 480,000 won (~$347) for a Infiniti G35 and 680,000 won (~$491) for a G37. Seems kind of pricey just to remove the speed limiter..

I tried to send them questions but got no answer. I suppose I will have to find someone who speaks Korean (and understands electronics) so I can talk natively to them.

I have been pushing my a lot this weekend and its been very responsive and stable - so I will have to raise the bar a bit!!.

Peter (Melb.)