SAU Community

Ever written off a car?

NS2500

Hi guys,

My payout cheque finally arrived yesterday, which means it has taken 18 days (12 business days) from the day I first notified Justcar. I thought this was a bit too long for a completely-not-at-fault claim, and to be without a car - AAMI reckon they only take 3 days! Has anyone else written off a car with Justcar? Is this how long it takes?

-Greg.

Hi guys,

My payout cheque finally arrived yesterday, which means it has taken 18 days (12 business days) from the day I first notified Justcar. I thought this was a bit too long for a completely-not-at-fault claim, and to be without a car - AAMI reckon they only take 3 days! Has anyone else written off a car with Justcar? Is this how long it takes?

-Greg.

I really doubt aami would take only 3 days to process your claim. Companies like insurance companys are farking slow when it come to paying you any $$ back.

12 business days seems fairly good response time.

My friend had to wait over 3 months for RACV to pay him out on his stolen/found/trashed(writeoff) car.

I agree wif INASNT my old swift GTi got knocked and i didnt see a cent for 3 months.

My sis (aami) got hit, sum1 else hit her and wrote off her car, and that took about a month, to see any money!

ever written off a car? do it all the time! wrote one off last week, writing one off right at the moment, will write one off next week.. its great fun!

To expect timeliness from an Insurance company is like getting free beer, its not gonna happen!

Thats pretty good actually, usually at a not-at-fault claim they can take months to process it. I think the record was 3 months in an old car to get it fixed, all because somebody was being a ****ing tool.

AAMI is slow as but they are quick sometimes but it depends on circs. eg. if ur car was written of in the hailstorms or floods .... within 5 days u get a cheque, if stolen ... pray to god and if written off in a freak accident anywhere from a week to 2 yrs. working there u hear some funny stuff ... hahaha.

And i wrote of my civic a few yrs ago and i was wif cgu ... 3 months till pay out and i got shit all back. flipped it 6 times.... rolled it good..not a single undamaged :P

Within 3 weeks sounds alright. If you're not happy just sue the other driver :P

BTW pay out for stolen is different to write off. When its stolen they investigate, especially if the car has been torched, so usually always takes longer.