SAU Community

Fuel Adivice - Octane

i hate rav 4's

I am planning a trip and looking at fuel stops but have come accross a small problem. For 1 fill up, there isn't a servo that has V-Power or BP Ultimate, only Unleaded 95. I don't want to fill up with just 95 as the octane level is too low. Are there anyways around this or anyways to increase the octane level, without doing any engine damage??

Cheers,

Dan.

you could run it on 91 if you want, you just got to run it off boost and with low throttle %'s and you won't be near the knock threshold.

If your worried just put some octane booster in 95 octane and you'll be laughing.

Edited by D_Stirls
  • Like 1

Take a can of Toluene with you ad that to your 91 or 95 should bring you back up to a higher rating. Much better octane booster than mos of the commercial ones on the market

Or just knock a couple of degrees ignition timing out of it

where is your trip most of my trips to Canberra Sydney have BP all the way over pretty sure they all have ultimate

Coming from Taree back home near Adelaide, via Dubbo, West Wyalong, Hay, Mildura then Renmark etc... It's the stretch between Wyalong and Mildura where there is no V-Power or Ultimate. Might not matter, as the roads might be cut off because of the flooding.