SAU Community

Importing A Clean Gtr

MP_R33

Hey guys been looking at importing a clean R32 GTR for quite some time now..

Rust, Bent rails, "minor accident repairs", ridiculous prices for not so clean models... Story of my life. Is it just me or are these cars getting harder to source?

I am willing to pay good money for one but I mean some prices are just ridiculous..

I have imported in the past (few years ago) but it seams to me they are getting harder and harder to come across and if you want a good one be prepaired to pay an unrealistic amount.

Let me know what you all think..

Ideally I am after a clean VSPEC/VSPEC II model but will settle for clean standard example.

Any help or reccomended places would be appreciated.

Not looking for rocket ships, just want a clean stocker.

Definitely.

Perfect condition R32s are now becoming more sort after by the locals and collectors and the ones that aren't picked up by them are put through the auctions and because they haven't been picked up earlier, there is good reason, they aren't in very good shape, due to age of course.

Good luck :)

Hey guys been looking at importing a clean R32 GTR for quite some time now..

Rust, Bent rails, "minor accident repairs", ridiculous prices for not so clean models... Story of my life. Is it just me or are these cars getting harder to source?

I am willing to pay good money for one but I mean some prices are just ridiculous..

I have imported in the past (few years ago) but it seams to me they are getting harder and harder to come across and if you want a good one be prepaired to pay an unrealistic amount.

Let me know what you all think..

Ideally I am after a clean VSPEC/VSPEC II model but will settle for clean standard example.

Any help or reccomended places would be appreciated.

Not looking for rocket ships, just want a clean stocker.

To start what to do call good money and what is a ridiculous or unrealistic price (examples appreciated) for a car that is at least 16 years old.

Definitely.

Perfect condition R32s are now becoming more sort after by the locals and collectors and the ones that aren't picked up by them are put through the auctions and because they haven't been picked up earlier, there is good reason, they aren't in very good shape, due to age of course.

Good luck :)

Yer there is definitely no doubt about them becoming quite rare. I have a broker that I am using (Iron Chef imports) they send me cars regularly but all from auction and around 9/10 the cars that go through auction are either grade 3 or R. I guess your right about the good ones being picked up and the left overs going to auction in that case then.

Reason for the thread is that I have located a local car which is fairly clean and am thinking about purchasing it or just continuing to look.

In reply to the other post looking at the auctions it seams that above average non rusty GTR's are going for around 600,000JPY-700,000JPY. I am willing to pay around 1,200,000-1,300,000 Maximum which I think is very reasonable.

I have started to consider the R33 models also, being alot less faults and being around a similar price although I have similar troubles to the R32 in locating a clean one.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Yer there is definitely no doubt about them becoming quite rare. I have a broker that I am using (Iron Chef imports) they send me cars regularly but all from auction and around 9/10 the cars that go through auction are either grade 3 or R. I guess your right about the good ones being picked up and the left overs going to auction in that case then.

Reason for the thread is that I have located a local car which is fairly clean and am thinking about purchasing it or just continuing to look.

In reply to the other post looking at the auctions it seams that above average non rusty GTR's are going for around 600,000JPY-700,000JPY. I am willing to pay around 1,200,000-1,300,000 Maximum which I think is very reasonable.

I have started to consider the R33 models also, being alot less faults and being around a similar price although I have similar troubles to the R32 in locating a clean one.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

nice gtr's are still going for this kind of money here. even a bit more from some car shops

a friends shop has got these two currently.

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/16/700070261320100602002.html

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/16/700070261320101013001.html

these would probably be some of the cleanest gtr's left

Very very hard to find in clean non accident condition.

Remember a car is only original once, it would be too easy to just buy one to restore. I have a very good V spec for sale that I know I cant replace for the money Im asking. Ive been looking in Japan at all the accident car/ corrosion 2 and 3 shitters going for cheap and then a good car going for more than double. Common sense say I should keep it, and I may just do that!

Good luck in your search.

Why not restore one?

Even if they are clean they are still nearly 20 years old.

or in my case 21 ys. (see sig - GTS4.)

find a cheap one and spend $ fixing every aspect of it. in the end you will have spent $25k or so but 90% of it will be new.

I know of a red one that went through a RAW here in brissy that was for sale. I could probably find out who owns it if need be.

I know what you mean, i was in your extact position about 2 years ago when i was importing my 32gtr.

Its true that even the 1994 ones are 16 years old, but in my opinion a well looked after 16yr old car is better then a thrashed out 10 year old car.

personally i would pay a little bit more and buy a nice clean stock one. They are more expensive for a reason.

I don't see the big deal.

I know of some of good, real immaculate R32 GTRs. (2 Local to Perth, my old one in NSW)

Importing doesn't mean better condition. Look around locally, interstate etc.

5min search.

VSpecII - Original condition, no dash bubble, unworn steering wheel, no tear on drivers bolster + log books.

Carsales link

Stock - original exhaust, no wear on wheel/knob, tiny dash bubble. Stock standard bar wheels?

Carsales link

Stock - Wheels/exhaust all stock, no wear on wheel etc

Carsales link

Stock V-Spec - stock standard, straight etc

Carsales link

Another stocky, stock down to wheels/exhaust, mint looking.

Carsales link

You get my point, yes? There are plenty..

Edited by Ten Four

I know what you mean i have been looking for the past year for a nice r32 GTR. I found one through a brisbane importer. They found me a 1994 GTR v-spec with an auction grade of 4 and interior was a B grade. Only problem with the right hand wheel arch where the owner in japan put too wide of a tyre on it and it grabbed the inner wheel arch and damaged it a bit ( no real biggie i am a panel beater so i'll fix it myself) also got a repair history on the left hand front guard. Its got a head unit in and a nismo exhaust otherwise completely standard. Get to look at it next weekend. Here are a few pictures.

post-46746-0-05081800-1291970835_thumb.jpg

post-46746-0-70023000-1291970843_thumb.jpg

post-46746-0-18717000-1291970867_thumb.jpg

post-46746-0-33360200-1291970874_thumb.jpg

post-46746-0-03504100-1291970881_thumb.jpg

1st of all the topic is importing a clean GTR, If i wanted a local one the topic would have been finding a local GTR

I don't see the big deal.

I know of some of good, real immaculate R32 GTRs. (2 Local to Perth, my old one in NSW)

Importing doesn't mean better condition. Look around locally, interstate etc. But it does usually mean cheaper..

5min search. Have seen all these cars.. Might be clean but are the prices realistic?

VSpecII - Original condition, no dash bubble, unworn steering wheel, no tear on drivers bolster + log books.

Carsales link

Realistic Price - No!

Stock - original exhaust, no wear on wheel/knob, tiny dash bubble. Stock standard bar wheels?engine?

Carsales link

Early model.. New motor or at some stage taken out.. High KMs.. Not clean just because seat isnt worn and there is no bubbles in the dash mate...

There is much more to the eye than pictures can tell.

Rust

Chassis damage

Paint

Condition of motor.

I would make sure I was aware of as many of these by the current owner before I wasted my time travelling interstate.

I have looked at many local cars and have obviously done more research than your "5 min search".

Stock V-Spec - stock standard, straight etc

Carsales link

Realistic Price - No its a VSPEC if I wanted to spend 25k I would obviously buy a VSPEC II.

You get my point, yes? No not really just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing a reply but I hope you have learnt something.

I know what you mean i have been looking for the past year for a nice r32 GTR. I found one through a brisbane importer. They found me a 1994 GTR v-spec with an auction grade of 4 and interior was a B grade. Only problem with the right hand wheel arch where the owner in japan put too wide of a tyre on it and it grabbed the inner wheel arch and damaged it a bit ( no real biggie i am a panel beater so i'll fix it myself) also got a repair history on the left hand front guard. Its got a head unit in and a nismo exhaust otherwise completely standard. Get to look at it next weekend. Here are a few pictures.

Looks clean how much did it set you back if you dont mind my asking, Feel free to PM me.

or in my case 21 ys. (see sig - GTS4.)

find a cheap one and spend $ fixing every aspect of it. in the end you will have spent $25k or so but 90% of it will be new.

I know of a red one that went through a RAW here in brissy that was for sale. I could probably find out who owns it if need be.

I would rather just buy a clean one for that little bit extra. Knowing it has been treated well over its life time.

nice gtr's are still going for this kind of money here. even a bit more from some car shops

a friends shop has got these two currently.

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/16/700070261320100602002.html

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/16/700070261320101013001.html

these would probably be some of the cleanest gtr's left

how would one go about getting in touch with your mate to grab one then?