SAU Community

Turboless R33 GT-R???

Hey guys, just wonderin if you can disable the turbos or remove them from the RB26 in a R33 GT-R as i seen a p plater in a R33 GTR in victoria?

he is eaither breaking the law or has a turboless R33 GTR?

i think hes breaking the law.

though there were some RB26DE engines made i think by Autec. the rocker cover was painted a golden colour like the colour in your sig.

Theres one of those rb26des in a Hr31 GTSR in japan

Guest RedLineGTR

there would be no point. even if you took them off you would need to retune the ecu fuel etc would be out of whack too many things need to be changed would be a waste of money and a car :) . People in most cases people drive over powered cars (on thier p's) even gtst's some police dont care but some police do. Some people are lucky getting cars like that but hey what can u do?? :)

PS. There is a thread with some guy getting busted for speeding a couple of times and he is still on he P's atm at 23 years of age. (not in victoria thoe)

Can I ask what law you guys have down there that prevents P-platers driving GT-R's... I'm from NSW and I don't think we have such laws... Since I am on my P's (almost off, have 3 months left) and I just bought an R33 GTS-t... and there are plenty of P-platers i know of that have turbos etc... is it the power figure? or turbos in general p platers down there arent allowed to have? Perhaps it was a GTS or GTS-t with a GT-R kit on it???

you sure it was a gtr ? i've seen something like this too. 'wtf?!?!? p-plater GTR' ***me looks down to guards*** '...oh'

the gaurds were GTR :Bang: and the badge was there with the nismo kit it was 100% GTR

Guest RedLineGTR
yeah, I saw a P plater with a highly mod 94 GTR the other day...

first time ever o_O

There is only one p plater i know that has a r34gtr i think him and his dad own it, but has been worked on quite abit in the past couple of months. Very nice car if we are talking about the same one :D

Personally I think a high compression NA RB26 could be very cool, with a few mods I am sure you could build an engine to rev to 12,000rpm+ that made decent power.

The only reason you would do it would be to meet the rules of some racing class and obviously you wouldn't want to drag a big heavy GT-R body around. But that said, there would be much better ways to waste your money.

I do remember there was a intake restrictor kit in England for the Hayabusa to make it legal for the 25bhp (I think) learners limit. Apparently it was pretty funny to ride.

p.s. I'd rather have a NA GT-R than have a 2½-inch penis :freak: