SAU Community

Mystery Button?

GRK35L

Got this button under the steering wheel. Pushes in and clicks. Pushes out and clicks out. Any ideas??

I have an 06 coupe. My button is on the right hand side. For my car, I believe it is a "kill switch"

If I press it (button pushed), the engine won't start.

If I press it again (Button pushed out) the engine starts when I turn the key.

I have a different button for folding mirrors

hope it helps.

If its disconnected should just be a matter of rejoining the wires to the switch

doesnt matter which way they go on because the switch is just there to stop or allow the signal to get through and shouldnt be polarity sensitve

Very cool feature (The Mirrors down in reverse one) wish mine had that, although the gutter rash ive got so far has never been in reverse lol

Edited by 89CAL

That button is for tilting the mirrors when reversing...if it doesn't work it is most likely because :

a) It is unplugged

b) you have an after market alarm and when it was installed they needed to remove the original alarm which is wired to that button...i know this cos Chris had to do that to install my alarm.:thumbsup:

Mine had the exact same button in the exact same position and it turned on a set of lights that were under the seats. I assumed it was so you could find things at night if you lost something under the seat.

I actually tried this and "eureka !" it worked , turned out to be under seat lights

If its disconnected should just be a matter of rejoining the wires to the switch

doesnt matter which way they go on because the switch is just there to stop or allow the signal to get through and shouldnt be polarity sensitve

Very cool feature (The Mirrors down in reverse one) wish mine had that, although the gutter rash ive got so far has never been in reverse lol

Whatever function that button has, is there a duplicate or a backup for it?