SAU Community

Seatbelt Retraction Issue

hey guys,

need some help, few people here must of experienced this issue as well but lately my seat belts, first the passenger

belt was having issues retracting but now my driver side one takes a few shakes of the belt and then it retracts up.

Obviously its a slight safety concern with me and so I thought i'd better look into finding replacements or how other

people have fixed them.

Does anyone know if its possible to fix the belts ? or do I need to locate replacement units and if so, does anyone know

where you can get them from ?

I've never actually had to replace a belt in any of my cars, all the ones i've imported were done at the compliance shop

so this is new ground as such hehheh...

thanks for all help guys and girls!!

appreciate it.

oh I'm located in Brisbane too if that helps..

Thanks

Mario

Hi Mario

Nissan have written up service bulletins for fixing this problem. I posted all the bulletins on www.m35stagea.info forum.

You will need to register first but will find them under M35 Stagea Discussions/Nissan Service Bulletins.

They are for the Infiniti but essentially your car.

From memory it is a simple fix. I hope this helps.

Cheers, Leon.

there IS a seatbelt TSB, there is a lot of information in there (thanks again to Leon). i also have to perform this fix, or just throw in the spare black interior i have

woops I cant read, should of just searched for 'seatbelt' instead of reading everyone :P

ALL INFINITI VEHICLES; "D"RING RESIDUE CAN CAUSE SLOW SEAT BELT RETRACTION

booyah!!! Will be attempting a clean on the weekend I think, dunno what that fluroine resin tape is...

Just tried the 'clean D-Ring' procedure....lots of rubish came out, but still not much of a change in retraction.

But then again, it's prolly a design issue...I have the 'over-rider' arms, so that's 2 D-Rings per belt and alot of friction by design!