SAU Community

Wtb: M35 Stagea Turbocharger

GTAusMotive

Hey everyone, I'm desperately seeking a standard turbo from an M35 Stagea as ours is on its way out. Finding a replacement is proving difficult as there aren't any direct fit aftermarket options either.

If you have a M35 turbo that you're willing to sell please contact me with the price your after for it, Thanks in advanced.

you'll probably find it will be cheaper to high flow the turbo. most mech want you to drop the engine to rip the turbo out.. might as well rebuild it and you'll never have to deal with it again. put a stock one in, and expect it to go any day cheers.gif

Hey Iain yeah as discussed with ironpaw, basically my situation with the whole thing is I really need to have both units on hand to pull the out unit off and same day put the new unit on and hopefully never have to see this issue again as living rural as I do, access to workshops willing to have the car sitting in the workshop for days unmovable is out of the question so basically my grand master plan was to acquire a spare M35 turbo, given that people seem to push this high-flow business a lot it also seems to bring much better reliability with it as well which is ultimately what I want so upon getting the spare turbo, I was going to send away for that to be upgraded and returned (post service here usually takes 2 or 3 days to get anything to and from the cities + the time it takes to perform the upgrade means I'll be sitting around for over a week before being able to do anything.

So like mentioned, if I had a spare that I could send away in advanced, once it comes back and organise to book the car in to replace I can do it all same day and I'd obviously have my turbo useless to me sitting around so it would be beneficial for somebody else looking to go down the same path.

But i really quite honestly need this massive favour of getting a replacement unit first up in advanced thats all otherwise I'll have to fork over huge amounts of dollars to pay for the workshop space whilst it sits there useless to anybody. The bottom line is I've got the money to get hold of replacement turbo and send it off to upgrade but can't seem to find any place or any one who has a spare unit to do away with.

Hey Iain yeah as discussed with ironpaw, basically my situation with the whole thing is I really need to have both units on hand to pull the out unit off and same day put the new unit on and hopefully never have to see this issue again as living rural as I do, access to workshops willing to have the car sitting in the workshop for days unmovable is out of the question so basically my grand master plan was to acquire a spare M35 turbo, given that people seem to push this high-flow business a lot it also seems to bring much better reliability with it as well which is ultimately what I want so upon getting the spare turbo, I was going to send away for that to be upgraded and returned (post service here usually takes 2 or 3 days to get anything to and from the cities + the time it takes to perform the upgrade means I'll be sitting around for over a week before being able to do anything.

So like mentioned, if I had a spare that I could send away in advanced, once it comes back and organise to book the car in to replace I can do it all same day and I'd obviously have my turbo useless to me sitting around so it would be beneficial for somebody else looking to go down the same path.

But i really quite honestly need this massive favour of getting a replacement unit first up in advanced thats all otherwise I'll have to fork over huge amounts of dollars to pay for the workshop space whilst it sits there useless to anybody. The bottom line is I've got the money to get hold of replacement turbo and send it off to upgrade but can't seem to find any place or any one who has a spare unit to do away with.

Contact http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/user/76100-petrodola/

Pretty sure he has a spare rooted one!

Hmm I might be mistaken, but I think he needs a spare working one!

Working one to get his car moving and the existing stuffed one for hi flowing!

He'll be paying big dollars for a running item....better bet is to get Keir's one rebuild and sent to himself and do the change over once.

Saving in cost's probably close to $1,300 by the time you find a running one and do the work twice.....btw after you do a turbo swap on one of these you will never want to do it again!

Tell me about it, I got quoted $2300 for a new unit from Japan, almost fell over. But otherwise if the M35 was a bit more aftermarket friendly I'd be going that way for a turbo kit, actually I think the closest thing remotely I've ever found in terms of installation is a HKS GT-RS using a S15 flange, still needs custom fitting back to the intake pipe etc but I've seen a few examples in Japan with that done. But even so, a GT-RS still begs for big dollars.

We'll see how we go. Jetwreck, is there any specific tips/advice you can give in terms of removing the turbo? I actually have access to a workshop as the family acquired the facilities years back but its not managed by us so its still costing me in the long run but if I can get some advice before hand it might make the job easier.

I've seen the thread regarding the engine removal, as extreme as it sounds it's probably the most sane way to go about it but with access to a hoist and all the tools under the sun, could it be done any easier? What sort of troubles are we likely to run into?

Cheers.

ill give you a tip. with the engine not in the car, a turbo change would take around 30 mins.

labour to remove front of car and engine, probably 3 hours. and about that getting it back in.

not many knuckles lost in the process. no fiddly bolts etc to get off with no room to move the spanner.

put the dump on the turbo before you put the engine back in the car.

Tell me about it, I got quoted $2300 for a new unit from Japan, almost fell over. But otherwise if the M35 was a bit more aftermarket friendly I'd be going that way for a turbo kit, actually I think the closest thing remotely I've ever found in terms of installation is a HKS GT-RS using a S15 flange, still needs custom fitting back to the intake pipe etc but I've seen a few examples in Japan with that done. But even so, a GT-RS still begs for big dollars.

We'll see how we go. Jetwreck, is there any specific tips/advice you can give in terms of removing the turbo? I actually have access to a workshop as the family acquired the facilities years back but its not managed by us so its still costing me in the long run but if I can get some advice before hand it might make the job easier.

I've seen the thread regarding the engine removal, as extreme as it sounds it's probably the most sane way to go about it but with access to a hoist and all the tools under the sun, could it be done any easier? What sort of troubles are we likely to run into?

Cheers.

If you want you can give me a buzz and I'll talk you through the removal options......there's three way's of doing now!