SAU Community

Fs [Vic] Full Rb25/30 Long Engine

As title states. Engine is currently in my car and can be driven/seen running. Was rebuilt a few years ago and then mothballed, and has been started every 3 months since. The entire engine has done around 5000km, it's basically only just run in.

It's a series 1 RB25DE head grafted onto a series 1 RB30 block which has had the oil feed and returns tapped in to the block (so it is now identical to a series 2 block). The head was fully reconditioned, with new valve seats, springs etc etc etc, basically a full job. The bottom end was built with Clevite 77 rod bearings and genuine Nissan main bearings. The pistons are ACL cast pistons and the rods are standard items that have been beam polished and shot peened.

Essentially:

Engine;

RB25/30, fully rebuilt head and bottom end, everything has done about 5000km since rebuild with no issues. No blowby, no oil usage or leaks, a very tight engine.

Parts list:

3ltr block

ACL cast pistons, standard bore size, ACL race series rings.

Rods - standard. Crack tested, cryo treated, beam polished then shot peened.

Bearings: Nissan mains, clevite 77 rods.

R32 GTR oil pump.

R33 RB25DE head

fully rebuilt, new valve guides, reseated valves etc

stock cams

RB25DET 380cc injectors

This setup made 235rwkw on my twincharged setup, so it's quite well set up. The timing belt setup uses two tensioners on the high edge of the block so it's easier to adjust the tension on the slack and tight sides independently. The head was welded and faced to delete the VCT function, and a grub screw setup was put in the front intake cam bearing to supply oil to the front cam journal. The VCT is therefore disabled.

For extra cost I can supply my twincharge hotside and a JD custom plenum setup for the intake, but most likely I will sell that stuff separately.

Price: $2500

For that you get the block + head assembled, the oil pump and cam drive setup, rocker covers, spark plugs, cams etc all ready to go.

Pickup only. Happy to start car and allow buyer to listen to engine and inspect for leaks, smoke etc - there is none, this engine is mint. I will take half deposit, then remove engine for the buyer within 2 weeks.

hmmmm could be tough - she's not exactly light! I could probably find a pallet and strap it to that, but I'm unsure if I can get a courier to pick it up from my door, you'd need a forklift or something

If you know a way to do it easily then I can definately freight it, but I'd much prefer pickup because it's farkin heavy

bump - engine is coming out next weekend, so if you're interested in seeing it run before then, please pm me. otherwise take my word for it that it's good.

This engine made 235rwkw in my VL on 9psi, so it's pretty well set up. Quench is 35 thou. Power output only limited by the RB30 rods which are good for up to 300-320rwkw. Change the rods over to some cheap Spool rods or similar and it will be good for a LOT more power.

Price drop to $2300 if you put a deposit on it next week

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...