SAU Community

Spring Rates Stock Vs Coilovers

Hi guys I need to do something about the camber on the front of my car, Its fine for daily driving being 0 and -.05 left and right

However my track rubber is wearing excessively on the left side of the car particularly the outside of the left side tyres. This is due QR having more high speed right hand turns than left. The easy option would just be to swap the left side to the right side but Toyo R888s are directional

I was thinking of buying some front camber arms which would set me back around $300 to $500 delivered with the idea of dialling in more camber for the track day and then setting back to normal when back home

The other option is to lash out and buy some coilovers that have camber tops such as these BC ones. Thing is Im not sure if the pic is of the actuall coilovers I would get or if its a generic one.

Anyone out there have coilovers with cambertops on their V? just so I know that it can be done

The other question is what are the stock spring rates for the coupe? I think I found a page on the web that said the rates were 4.5kg? That said my car is my daily and whilst I didn’t care so much running stiff coils in my 180sx the skyline however is a different car

i dont think there is camber adjustments at the top of the BRs. the V35 use a wishbone at the top which has eccentric bolts for minor camber adjustment. youll need adjustable arms for that.

that said the BR coilovers are fantastic! yes i own a set :)

found that but wasent sure how to do the conversion till I worked this out in google http://www.google.co...d0f73886609171d

i'm running bc coils in mine. 6 kg rear 8kg front.

super awesome to drive and handles like a dream.

also running camber arms f &r and toe arms in the r

handles well and sits well

not to rough at all.

and i can dial in whatever camber i want

i'm running bc coils in mine. 6 kg rear 8kg front.

super awesome to drive and handles like a dream.

also running camber arms f &r and toe arms in the r

handles well and sits well

not to rough at all.

and i can dial in whatever camber i want

Im guessing you have godspeed camber arms? straight from e-bay?

Im guessing you have godspeed camber arms? straight from e-bay?

yeah, but dont forget mine where to fit wheels not performance orientated.

also i had to press out my front ball joint and into the new ones due to wrong sizings. but all in all im happy.

bit noisy sometimes, doesnt bother me thou

yeah, but dont forget mine where to fit wheels not performance orientated.

also i had to press out my front ball joint and into the new ones due to wrong sizings. but all in all im happy.

bit noisy sometimes, doesnt bother me thou

what exactly was the issue with the wrong sizes?

just incorrect ball joint size the one provided was smaller, so i utilized the stock ones. works like a dream now.

Bit dissapointing that being a part for the G35/350Z that the ball joint didint fit

was keen on the ichiba ones but I found a post on a 350z site where a member had one of them fail after 2 days, another site said that the welds were poor and they only put them on the car when they had been rewelded

Allmost makes me want to buy some cusco ones as youd think they would be top qualiaty but cant find any on e-bay wonder of anyone local can get them

Better to pay $540 once than $300ish twice in the case of cheapo ones failing. Particually given I like to do track days who know what sort of damage could happen if one let go @ 160kph... Allready had one bad expierence with a cheep radiator that arrived so bowed that it wasent even worth fitting

• 2 months later...

Why not try Bilstein PSS10 coilovers?? I was quoted shipping of around $260 to sydney

Check out this Tirerack link they also have SPC camber arms which have quite a good wrap on the G35driver forums

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Infiniti&autoModel=G35+Coupe+Leather&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=

Fort he rear get aftermarket d bolts and slot the subframe its far cheaper than camber arms and should be fine for all but the ridiculous drops. Rockauto do them for the 350z/g35. Even did my own alignment with them afterwards comes up great im alot lower than 350z springs to the front camber isnt that far out imo, the rear looked alot worse after the drop.

Edited by austingtir

Well i got my BC Racing BRs in now, i installed them and then paid suspension shop to set it up for track, i just dial 4 more click hard for track/mountain and back for highway/normal..

Dont need camber kit at all he said, i got him to lower the car for performance not for looks so its not really much lower than stock but handles soo well!

ill take u for a drive just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...