SAU Community

Exhaust Place Open Late

S4LVA

Tooks a photo then, No silencer in the tip. Also uploaded a pic of the whole exhaust, It is a used one so it may have been cut out im not sure. Happy with it either way lol.

Man thats the silencer in there I told you, its hard to tell. First of all when you dont have a silencer you will see that muffler material around it which yours doesnt have and its a 4 inch all the way through muffler so youll be able to stick your hand in the muffler. Ive marked in red where its been welded in, if you get a exhust air grinder you can just fit it in there and start grinding away and itll come out. As you can see in my pics ive shown where I grinded the weld off and last pic of the restrictor out and look in the cannon now how big it is I can stick my fist in it.

post-50426-0-75633300-1295667222_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-13943400-1295667626_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-52462400-1295667644_thumb.jpg

Oh I can see it now lol. Im not really after huge power anyways, Maybe add a return flow and tune later on. 180rwkw is good enough for me..for now. Did you measure the silencers diameter? By looking at it it seems about 2.5" Guess i'll leave it on for now, My turbo timers boost readings gone from .51 bar stock to .64 now with the turboback. I wanna keep it safe and under 10.5psi wondering how much extra a return flow will add to it. I read a turboback should make it go to around 8-9psi. Maybe my sensors in a bad spot. Im not sure where it is though It came installed when I got the car.

Yeah its 2.5inch. Look for the power your running its not a problem I ran 270kw with the restrictor its only if your car has been tuned with a exhaust without restrictor then you chuck this one on is where it makes problems. If your running stock ecu you have no problem with it just if you ever do go afermarket ecu get it tuned with this exhuast on it and youll have no problems.

Yeah I'll leave it as is. I doubt i'll be seeing anything close to 270kw with my car so. I cant afford to go overboard with these apprentice wages lol. Thanks for your help :)

If you got the regu06 just wasted your money, go look in the rear cannon and youll see the 2 inch reducer restrictor in there to keep it quiet I made same mistake I put it on caused a restriction engine pinging though I did remove the restrictor after a lot of f**king around but yeah its not quiet anymore.

I bought my regu06 new, took it out of the box bolted it on, never checked for a restrictor or anything but it flowed enough for 304rwkw on the status tuning dyno a couple months ago and its a lot quieter than a lot of skylines ive heard. hardly a waste of money.

I bought my regu06 new, took it out of the box bolted it on, never checked for a restrictor or anything but it flowed enough for 304rwkw on the status tuning dyno a couple months ago and its a lot quieter than a lot of skylines ive heard. hardly a waste of money.

Yeah itll flow but if you take the restrictor out youll gain 15-20kw from being able to add in more timing.

well shit ill try that next time i get the chance :thumbsup:

Same things happened to me because I had my old tune which had more timing in it and soon as put this exhuast it was pinging because the restrictor didnt like the extra timing so i lost about 15kw but yeah took it out and then could add in the timing had before back to normal power.

• 2 weeks later...

The exhaust has now opened a little gap between the cat converter - catback section. making it pop and leak air. The gap is only on the bottom half of the connection about 1mm open. The bolts are done up very tight but this only pulls the top half together. Was just wondering how I should go about fixing this. Would using 2 gaskets together to help close the gap work or even maybe try exhaust cement? i'll get a photo up tomorrow after work if needed.

post-74152-0-98070400-1297108930_thumb.jpg

heres a pic of it if it helps. I was thinking the double gasket would close the gap and maybe put more pressure on the top and lift the gap shut.

Vband flange also is a good idea. Would this fix the opening do you think?

Edited by S4LVA

im the example from D exhaust's.

he charged me $1000.00 for something i could've made learning to weld. And I still dont know how to weld.

it was restricted at the dump, and theres half a bend sticking out of the rear flange connection.

You couldve paid yourself $220 to put it together in half an hour. you wouldve made $220 off yourself.

Haha yeah it depends who you get I guess. The 2 european guys which unluckily were the ones who put mine on are hacks, but the other 2 I watched them do a 4wd while I was there and they were careful with all parts and looked like they were doing a good job with it. Unlike mine where they threw my stock exhaust into the corner and let my bolts drop and kick them away and I had to help find them when they needed them.

Anyways I'm still looking for the right fix. I'm not even sure how a Vband flange works but from a quick google search it seems itll hold it straight. Do I need to cut anything to use them or can it just stick inside the end of the cat and catback and be clamped on? Or should I give the double gasket a try lol.

I just went down to midas and got them to put in 2 gaskets to block the small gap. Seems to be working so far, Hope it holds up. Now that the exhaust is all fitted and working properly for once i'm kinda thinking maybe a 3" catback would be better for it. Also heatsoak seems to be pretty bad on these hotter days, but apprentice wage doesnt help me afford to upgrade to anything good :down: .

To save opening another thread in WTB,

If anyone had a R34 SMIC for sale just give me a pm with your price.

Also I may consider swapping my Kakimoto Regu 06 3.5" catback for another quiet 3" exhaust if anyone was after a 3.5" and had a stainless 3" catback