SAU Community

R33 Misfire/backfire/not Running That Sweet

HEAPHO

Nah it wasnt when I found it I maybe think that its was an old windscreen washer line as my car has a carbon bonnet maybe it just fell in there when they removed the old bonnet maybe not sure I'm thinking the air flow meter is had it and needs a new one and the trouble code cleared on the ecu ! Anyone in Perth got hook ups for new air flow meter ? cheers Tom

um duno man thats just how it came when i got the car mate

Yeah that is certainly an issue, really doubt it is what is happening here but it means on boost your crank case is getting pressurised, will cause excessive blow by and could blow your dip stick out if tracking the car.

You should get that stock hose on the right had side cam breather shown in the other setup, and connect it back into the intake on the right where its been blocked off.

Yea the solder joints looked pretty dry so re did them and re sealed up the air flow meter car still idles a bit funny and seem to be spitting a bit of black oily stuff out the exhaust what does that mean ? I need to take it in to mechanic ive done most of what I can at home it frustrating as the car is for sale and a guy wants it pending loan approval Ive told him its not running right but he still wants it id prefer to sell it running sweet but just see what happens if it falls through its going to mechanics to get sorted asap

Can I run two small breather filters instead of that pipe ??

thanks for everyones help

cheers

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

In order to fix your idle problem, i recommend blocking and repairing any vacuum lines, ( block any lines that lead to know were start the car listen for changes), look at a engine diagram of the vacuum lines on the net and find out were they go to, in some cases its only a matter that the carbon filter or other have been removed and its causing an air leak witch then relates to your rough idle ( it rectified my problem)

check for cracks on your coilpacks, heat spots on your leads, if degraded, replace with new ones, also remove the cover that covers the coil packs, its only their for looks really,and will trap a lot of hot air witch will lead to the same problem, just don't wash or be careful when washing the engine use compressed air and a cleaning spray, aside from that do all your basic things like air filter clean it, o2 sensor and so on, you will be amazed at how basic it is once you find it. hope that helps if not their are a few other methods that can be done ( usually the problem is staring you right in the face)

In order to fix your idle problem, i recommend blocking and repairing any vacuum lines, ( block any lines that lead to know were start the car listen for changes), look at a engine diagram of the vacuum lines on the net and find out were they go to, in some cases its only a matter that the carbon filter or other have been removed and its causing an air leak witch then relates to your rough idle ( it rectified my problem)

check for cracks on your coilpacks, heat spots on your leads, if degraded, replace with new ones, also remove the cover that covers the coil packs, its only their for looks really,and will trap a lot of hot air witch will lead to the same problem, just don't wash or be careful when washing the engine use compressed air and a cleaning spray, aside from that do all your basic things like air filter clean it, o2 sensor and so on, you will be amazed at how basic it is once you find it. hope that helps if not their are a few other methods that can be done ( usually the problem is staring you right in the face)

Really? The thread is 4 years old! Do you not think he had it fixed by now?